The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   GCSE Coursework help? Horse art? Surfaces?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/gcse-coursework-help-horse-art-surfaces-137167/)

freaw 09-09-2012 04:30 PM

GCSE Coursework help? Horse art? Surfaces?!

My next art coursework portfolio, I want to base on horses. The 'theme' or whatever you want to call it is surfaces, and we have been drawing shells and nature things and now we get to decide what we base it on.
I need some idea of what to create?
I don't want a whole portfolio book on millions on horse pictures (I could put so many in and would never ever get bored, but its not what the examiner wants to see), so what else could I involve?

Thanks a million if you can help me :D

lilkitty90 09-10-2012 03:38 PM

you could do the textures on their noses, a horse mane and tail, braided manes and tails, whiskers, furr textures, feed and grain, hay, stall walls and doors, barns,

DancingArabian 09-10-2012 04:17 PM

Don't forget all the assorted tack and training doodads you can use to model for you. Things found around the barn - arena footing, grass, hay, straw, the floor, the ceiling, walls, pitchforks, manure, hoses, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fargosgirl 09-12-2012 07:15 PM

Adding a fantasy element will give you endless possibilities. For instance you could do a picture of a horse leaping out of the center of a rose; or Pegasus' feathers are different texture, stretching that further, why not a Pegasus with dragonfly or butterfly wings; a horse with water or flame for mane and tail; horses made of stone, wood or glass; a stormy sky with lightning in the shape of galloping horses; wind stirring a sand dune into the shape of a horse.

I could probably go on for pages, stretch your imagination as to what horses represent and I'm sure you will have endless ideas too.