The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Need Help! Looking for a new saddle... again! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/need-help-looking-new-saddle-again-137356/)

Cpodratz 09-11-2012 03:27 PM

Need Help! Looking for a new saddle... again!

I posted a few months ago when I was on the hunt for a new saddle, and I thought I found the deal of a lifetime. I got a Circle Y saddle that had the rear cinch and breast collar, for only $500! usually its hard to find the saddle alone for that price, but of course it was too good to be true :cry: The saddle fits me like a glove, but does not fit my horse well at all. I got the diamond wool pressure relief pad, and it improved the fit in the front of the saddle, but caused all sorts of problems in the back. It ended up making him very sore and he had to take a week off. So I am back in the market, and I decided I need to invest into a saddle that fits my boy, Partner, right. I have been looking at the Stray Dog Cutting saddles, the Roohide Brumby, and Continental saddlery. I know they are completely different types of saddles, but I just need a nice saddle that I can do a little bit of everything in. I think Continental saddlery has the cutting horse style available too, not 100% sure.

Plains Drifter 09-11-2012 03:35 PM

I vote Corriente saddles. https://corrientesaddleco.com/ I love mine. I have a barrel saddle that I trail ride in, but plan to get a more all around saddle when I have the money.

Joe4d 09-11-2012 04:57 PM

DOnt feel bad, I got a Circle Y gaited endurance saddle. Fit my Walker perfectly, the so called double padded seat felt like I was sitting on a fence rail. Back it went for a refund.

TackJack 09-11-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpodratz (Post 1679539)
I posted a few months ago when I was on the hunt for a new saddle, and I thought I found the deal of a lifetime. I got a Circle Y saddle that had the rear cinch and breast collar, for only $500! usually its hard to find the saddle alone for that price, but of course it was too good to be true :cry: The saddle fits me like a glove, but does not fit my horse well at all. I got the diamond wool pressure relief pad, and it improved the fit in the front of the saddle, but caused all sorts of problems in the back. It ended up making him very sore and he had to take a week off. So I am back in the market, and I decided I need to invest into a saddle that fits my boy, Partner, right. I have been looking at the Stray Dog Cutting saddles, the Roohide Brumby, and Continental saddlery. I know they are completely different types of saddles, but I just need a nice saddle that I can do a little bit of everything in. I think Continental saddlery has the cutting horse style available too, not 100% sure.

Was it a medium or wide tree Circle Y? That makes all the difference.