The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   An Apology... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/apology-137370/)

Cinnys Whinny 09-11-2012 06:45 PM

An Apology...

I wasn't sure where to stick this, it can be moved if a Mod thinks it should be moved but I figure since it took place here, then the people involved may better find it.

I want to first of all apologize to all those who have tried to help me. All you guys were doing was trying to help and I threw it back in your face. This was not fair to you and I apologize. If I want honesty, I need to learn to gulp it down better.

I know that nobody wanted a certain thread a few months ago to go the way it did. I really was searching for help, I guess I got more than I could handle at that time. I promise that from this time forward, if I ask for help, I will read, consider, and appreciate the help that I receive. If I get frustrated, I will take it out at the gym, not on you guys and if after that, and I calm down, if I still have questions...I will ask them instead of accusing people of attacking me.

I will not give you excuses for where my last critique thread went, or my behavior in it as there really isn't any excuse to go off on a tangent the way I did no matter what else is happening in my life or on my side of the world. I know I was having a particularly HORRIBLE day at home and I should have just stayed off the computer instead of spreading my day day to others who were not at fault in any way. I hope that at least some of you can forgive me. I also hope that maybe in time you will be able to help me again when I ask for it and allow me the chance to show that I AM a mature adult who can handle it and not a spoiled child.

xJumperx 09-11-2012 08:47 PM

Very Well Said. :) This is a wonderful, mature post.

Cinnys Whinny 09-11-2012 08:48 PM

And by the way..... yes, you were RIGHT, my saddle is going to be replaced as soon as I can sell the Kieffer to get money towards another one.

Amlalriiee 09-11-2012 08:48 PM

I don't remember the thread, and may not have even seen it, HOWEVER this post is very mature and it takes a lot of courage to admit to something without throwing any excuses around and to apologize in the manner you did. I'm sure that those involved, if they see this, will have improved opinions of you regardless of what the issue was before. Kudos! If only more people were willing to look at their own actions with this kind of honesty!

tinyliny 09-11-2012 09:02 PM

Well, good luck finding the saddle that works . I know it is a heck of a challeng.

how are things going lately?

Cinnys Whinny 09-11-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1679934)
how are things going lately?

Things are going okay. I've been doing a lot of bareback riding and "feeling" Cinny's movements, getting back into trusting each other. His foot is completely healed without any hoof deformities. We went to 1 last show. The trainer at my stable went with us and wasn't too pleased with my scores. Cinny didn't grit but we were low 50's. I didn't care, they were some of the BEST tests I have done with him. It turned out everyone was complaining about the judge though...so...I devised a new way of looking at shows and my scores.

Here it is...

You find that rider in your level/division...you know who she is. She should move up a level but she never does and consistently gets low to mid 70's. The one people complain about...and you STOP complaining. What you do is each time you show against that person compare scores....wait for it before you say to stop comparing to other people...just the scores. Just subract their percent from your percent for the same test, judge etc. Then each show you go to see how much smaller that number gets. The lower you get, the better your success no matter how hard, easy the judge is or what the circumstances are. If you are closing that gap, you are improving and improving is what you want :)

That last schooling show where everyone griped about the judge...he gap between me and "super woman rider" was the smallest it has ever been. The trainer at my barn doesn't "understand" why I think they were the best tests we have done even though they are the worst percentages we have ever gotten. Oh well...

Besides that I have been emailing every local GOOD well known, well favored dressage trainer I can find in the area to find out about training...either leaving Cinny with them a few months, or trailer there if I finally get a truck and trailer. Sadly, all of them keep telling me they have no time/room for another horse. Only one will take me but it means moving Cinny back to a stable that makes he a high strung, nervous wreck :(

So, that's about it in a nutshell.

Hope it's all going better with everyone else here LOL

waresbear 09-11-2012 09:27 PM

No teeth grinding, no head shaking? I am over the moon happy with just you telling me that! The rest is going to be work, lots of it, but still, I am so happy for you & Cinny.

Cinnys Whinny 09-11-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1679989)
No teeth grinding, no head shaking? I am over the moon happy with just you telling me that! The rest is going to be work, lots of it, but still, I am so happy for you & Cinny.

Correct, no head shaking, no teeth grinding (I DID give him Gumbits though), no trying to bolt or rush. We had one big buck the night before when I took him in the arena at the event center as he refused to canter on the correct lead to the right so I made him do it, he turned out to have a cut on his heel bulb so I got off and doctored him up. The next morning the vet said he was fine and he did a wonderful job for me. He also placed 5th in suitability with some wonderful comments, suggestions and encouragement from the judge (whom everyone thought was harsh). I received a 4th in Equitation. These are NOT points classes, they are rail classes (w\t\c back up, everyone does a 20m circle etc). I don't usually do these anymore but they allowed everyone in the show that day at the fair to join in for free so even some of the 1st level AA riders did it for giggles.

He had almost 2 months off after the show and I've been riding him bareback with no tossing, gritting (even without gumbits) or shenanigans of any kind. Everyone at my new stable (we moved there the first week fo July) think he's a model equine citizen and is a favorite of all the 4H kids who argue over who gets to take him to and bring him back from turnout.

Oh, and Cinny is now officially a money earner. He won 6 dollars in winnings at the fair LOL. We are going to frame his first dollar for laugh's and to show my mother in law when she complains about Cinny being a money pit ha ha ha. She doesn't have to know he has only ever won 6 bucks...we will just tell her he's a money earner now.

Weezilla 09-11-2012 11:57 PM

CW, your threads caused me to join this forum after visiting for years. I so wanted to help you, just as most posters on those recent threads have. I'm glad to hear that you and Cinny are well.

Cinnys Whinny 09-12-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezilla (Post 1680177)
CW, your threads caused me to join this forum after visiting for years. I so wanted to help you, just as most posters on those recent threads have. I'm glad to hear that you and Cinny are well.

Wow, I did not know this. You must have really been disappointed inthe way that last critique thread turned. Again I am sorry for my explosion of immaturity and lack of ability to keep what is going on outside of HF from affecting what I post in HF. I am realizing that this flaw is something I need to work on in the many facets of my life. Not to let them bleed into each other so much and cause more problems for myself.

Weez I want to continue asking questions, posting brave bids and getting answers so that others can learn too. Maybe it will help people with similiar issues who are too timid to ask and too embarrassed to post the vids or photos.

Last weekend I was watching the video of one of my first rides on Cinny. The this vs people said about that ride on here I didn't necessarily agree with at the time,but now I can see every one of them, including the fact that it appeared like something was wrong on his hind.....which I didn't see at that time. We have coke so far and I have had little in work with reputable trainers. I have to give a lot of credit to what I have learned here on horse forum.