The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Conformation? (better pics) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/conformation-better-pics-137439/)

randomrider92 09-12-2012 12:16 PM

Conformation? (better pics)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11701780_n.jpg

I did have a hind and chest shot, but they were on another USB that isn't with me at the moment but I'll get them by tonight after work.

Tansy is my 4 year old Tennessee Walker/Quarter Horse mare. I've owned her for almost 2 years. From being a 200 lbs under weight untouched 2 year old into the pain in the butt mare I love today, she's grown quite a bit. Critique? I know she isn't pretty :P

howrsegirl123 09-12-2012 03:56 PM

He first strikes me as overall being a nice horse, but he has a long body. His neck also seems a tad short...I'm no expert though! Just trying this out!

Kyro 09-12-2012 04:41 PM

First, congrats on getting her to proper weight, well done!
Personally I like her. Other than having a slightly short neck and rather long body, I think you've got a quite good horse there. Maybe a bit downhill, but most QH's are built that way so that's not really a fault. May I ask what you plan to do with her? :)

I'd also want to see those back and front shots. It's probably just the way she is standing, but there might be something a little off with her hind legs..

oconley 09-12-2012 05:06 PM

I see the short neck, but its just because it's not proportionate to her body. That's the QH. The body is the TWH (long).... I love her coloring!!! Back left leg is nice and straight down, the back right (just in this pic) looks slightly turned out- but it's probably the picture. I like that she has black hooves and not pink.

gozlingd 09-13-2012 09:29 AM

aww she is very pretty and i know you tell her that every time you see her :) the big thing for me is her neck. It is short but what do you plan to do with her? if you just want to keep her as a pleasure horse seems like that would be wonderful

randomrider92 09-13-2012 10:18 AM

Tansy is just my thing to spoil. Trail rides, camping on occasion, and just the simple ride around the property. She loves cow. Went to a cow clinic once and you could tell she was just in total bliss when she was chasing the cows. So what I think would be fun would be to do team penning every once in a while for fun but that's really it.

howrsegirl123 09-13-2012 06:09 PM

Sorry, her, not he. :)

Customcanines 09-13-2012 06:16 PM

Well, her conformation might not be perfect, as noted above, but she's still VERY PRETTY

EquineBovine 09-13-2012 08:06 PM

Wow lovely looking horse! Just a tad long in the back imo :o)

stevenson 09-14-2012 12:58 AM

your horse is pretty. she is a tad downhill (which is a fault) and may make her a bit rough. she may be a bit long, but when you look at TWH they are longer looking than say a bulldog style quarter horse. Have fun with her !