The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Got an offer on Maia (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/got-offer-maia-13750/)

JustDressageIt 08-22-2008 04:49 PM

Got an offer on Maia

http://www.equinehits.com/horses_show.php?id=222221

A family came to try her the other day and have offered $3500 for her... what do you think?
She'd be going to a very loving family, but just be doing trail riding, which is what I think she would enjoy. Thoughts?

Jubilee Rose 08-22-2008 05:11 PM

Just trail riding? Maia can do a whole lot more than that, and in my opinion you can sell her for a lot more.

JustDressageIt 08-22-2008 05:19 PM

Thing is, I don't think her heart is in being a performance horse... :(

Jubilee Rose 08-22-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt

Aww. How do you know?
In my opinion, letting her become a trail horse will undo all you have done. Her topline, her frame, everything will be lost. She'll still young and needs work. If she's being ridden by kids, they aren't going to give her what she needs.

JustDressageIt 08-22-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee Rose
Quote:

Aww. How do you know?
In my opinion, letting her become a trail horse will undo all you have done. Her topline, her frame, everything will be lost. She'll still young and needs work. If she's being ridden by kids, they aren't going to give her what she needs.

No, but I don't think she enjoys being a performance horse... I think she'd rather just be a pleasure horse - her actions and body language tell me that

Jubilee Rose 08-22-2008 05:31 PM

Well she doesn't have to be. But I would look for someone who would do more with her then trail riding.

JustDressageIt 08-22-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Well she doesn't have to be. But I would look for someone who would do more with her then trail riding.

I don't know.. she seemed to like the people.. she walked calmly, head down, soft eye.

Jubilee Rose 08-22-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know.. she seemed to like the people.. she walked calmly, head down, soft eye.

Does she act differently with you?
I don't know...maybe she would be happy with these people. I'm just surprised at trail riding.

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-22-2008 05:53 PM

Allie I know if Maia had it in her to be a performer...The two of you would be performing....

If you are happy with the $3500 and the people that offered...I'd say go for it. I saw that you were asking $5000 for her and I would say that would be top dollar. Taking less and knowing that Maia is going to be a happy hacker at a loving home is worth how much???

I know none of this is easy for you...LOL...I can almost hear the knots in your stomach from clear over here!!! :lol:

Do what your heart is telling you. (((hugs)))

farmpony84 08-22-2008 05:56 PM

...She's a pretty talented girl, but with the horse market the way it is and with as much effort as you have put into her, I think if a loving home is important to you, I'd consider it. I don't think it's a bad price, not with the market the way it is, If you want to wait, you can get probably 5k but... you could be waiting several months. I like the idea of a loving home....