The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What are top brands of English saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-top-brands-english-saddles-137691/)

Chula 09-15-2012 02:45 AM

What are top brands of English saddles?

I will soon be on the prowl for a new English saddle, and I want to buy one of really nice quality. I currently have a Wembley flex all purpose saddle, but I am wanting to get further into jumping and I want a close contact/jumper saddle.
So, I guess I am just asking for your input! I know Crosbys are good, could you give me some other brands/what you like?
Thanks for the help :)

kitten_Val 09-15-2012 11:06 AM

I love Black Country (they have CC Quantum model that is very nice) and County. Both also can be customized.

Chula 09-18-2012 03:47 AM

Thanks for your input! I checked out their websites, the saddles are absolutely beautiful! Any other advice/brands?
Thanks!

kitten_Val 09-18-2012 09:49 AM

Hopefully some jumping people will pitch in. I did extensive research on dressage saddles (because that's what I use the most), but not as much on higher-end CC. Personally I have mid-range M Toulouse CC saddle and very happy with the comfort and grip it offers. :)

Chula 09-18-2012 03:43 PM

Toulouse CC.... alright I will look them up! Im going to make some visits to the local consignment shop to see what they've got, and how the seat feels on some different brands. There is only one tack shop in my town with English tack, and they are extremely pricey (consignment, they get 50%, so they mark everything up to ridiculous prices). The thought of ordering online is so risky for me, because I like to physically see and feel how a saddle is and how it will fit my horse. Have you had any experience with ordering/what do you recommend?

gypsygirl 09-18-2012 03:55 PM

I LOVE my county. you also dont have to pay for the saddle fitting if you buy a saddle from the dealer.

JustDressageIt 09-18-2012 04:27 PM

Devocroux, Antares, CWD, Exselle, Childeric.
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 09-18-2012 04:32 PM

To add to the above, Hermes and Stubben are very good names. I know a lot of people that like Barnsby saddles, as well as Tad Coffins.

JustDressageIt 09-18-2012 04:41 PM

Good additions, equiniphile. I knew I was missing some big names.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 09-19-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 1688226)
I know a lot of people that like Barnsby saddles, as well as Tad Coffins.

That reminded me another brand - Berney's Brothers. They are also rather in "upper-mid-range", but you can order customized (you'll have to order from Europe though).