The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Draft-cross conformation...just because (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/draft-cross-conformation-just-because-137712/)

thesilverspear 09-15-2012 10:32 AM

Draft-cross conformation...just because

3 Attachment(s)
Everyone needs a self-indulgent threat once in a while... :)

19-year old Shire-TBX. I've had her for 14 years so I know her strengths and weaknesses. Just curious to see what random strangers (and indeed, experts) on the web would say.

Hopefully these photos are okay enough.

TheMadHatter 09-15-2012 10:58 AM

Is she a cross? She seems a bit light and doesn't have a lot of feathering.
Posted via Mobile Device

thesilverspear 09-15-2012 10:59 AM

Yes, that's why my OP describes her as a Shire-TB cross and the title says draft cross. :-)

TheMadHatter 09-15-2012 11:01 AM

I think she's pretty :) I'd trim the small tuffs of feathering just to give her a neater appearance :) she seems like a solid girl though! I think a little more muscling in the rump would balance her out.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheMadHatter 09-15-2012 11:02 AM

Yeah , I caught that right after I had made my reply LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

thesilverspear 09-15-2012 11:03 AM

Clippers aren't allowed anywhere near her :-)

The top pic is her pretty well muscled up, as she's super fit at the moment and it's a recent picture (and I swear, she's normally not that camped under -- I think she was concerned about fitting cross-ways in the barn aisle). I think it's just the way she's built. She's a powerful ride, though, just maybe not quite FEI potential. :P

Boo Walker 09-15-2012 11:18 AM

I love her! At her age I think she looks great and I really like the balance between saddle horse and draft - looks like she got the best of both!!

Oldhorselady 09-15-2012 02:12 PM

I think she is beautiful. I love my draft/paint cross....she is just not as tall as your mare, but very solid. I love you saddle...it looks so comfortable.

PurpleMonkeyWrench 09-15-2012 02:56 PM

She looks like she stands under herself in the pictures, long back, short neck, straight hip, oh and she is amazingly gorgeous!

thesilverspear 09-15-2012 03:14 PM

I find it difficult to get photographs of her that look like her. She doesn't have a short neck at all -- the camera distorts it slightly in some weird way. Maybe the angle I tend to stand at?