The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Possible Buy? (Paint) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-possible-buy-paint-137783/)

EliRose 09-15-2012 11:28 PM

Critique Possible Buy? (Paint)

I have posted several times about different horses on this site and now I have a new one! I am actually serious about finding a horse, I just am very picky and indecisive :oops:

The owner actually contacted me about her. I would be retraining her for English (jumpers or hunters, hopefully, and maybe some eventing if she's up for it?) and possibly would start teaching lessons with her.

Here is the link to her ad: Medicine Hat Paint Mare

I don't know, she looks butt high to me. Opinions?

LovesMyDunnBoy 09-15-2012 11:32 PM

Butt high and has a steep croup.. And with my limited knowledge of jumping (western rider) those two things will make jumping hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

sheenaschlytter 09-15-2012 11:42 PM

her legs look to short for her body and high butt a little thin to for my liking

tinyliny 09-15-2012 11:50 PM

I know when you post pictures you will hear a lot of negative, but I SEE a lot of negative in this mare. First of all, she is ridden in a tie down and the muscle development and braciness that has already been developed will need months of correct riding to remedy.

Her back feet angles are not good. She has very low heels, especially on her right rear, and I think this as affecxting her whole rear leg. She has too much pull on those tendons, and so she stands a bit camped under in some of the photos.

This looks like a tense horse that may have a lot of painful places in her body.

EliRose 09-16-2012 12:16 AM

These are fears that I had, and why when I had originally seen the ad passed her by. One of the only reasons I was actually considering her was because he offered to drop her price and ship her for me.

I need to double check, but now I'm thinking that the man in pictures is VERY familiar. I think he was originally from a farm by me (I'm two hours from Vineland), and didn't hav the best reputation. I'll ask my trainer tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Peppy Barrel Racing 09-16-2012 02:40 AM

I say don't buy her I don't think I'd pay $200 let alone around $1200 for her. She looks disproportionate he croup is steep and short and she needs some definite groceries and her legs look too small for her body and there is something about the way her rear leg goes out when she is in motion. And certainly don't agree with suitable for any discipline .
Posted via Mobile Device

EliRose 09-16-2012 07:45 AM

Yeah, they were willing to drop her price to $500. I also just spoke to the man and he did not want me to try her before I bought her . . . ? Um, no?

Jewelsb 09-16-2012 08:44 AM

Wow...
Posted via Mobile Device

Peppy Barrel Racing 09-16-2012 11:37 AM

Lol yup something is very wrong with then. Poor horse.
Posted via Mobile Device