The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Please critique APHA gelding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/please-critique-apha-gelding-137809/)

fivecardstudpts 09-16-2012 10:04 AM

Please critique APHA gelding

I reaaaallllly don't need another horse, but for some reason I just keep going back to this guy. Have plenty of room for one. I figured I would shoot off an e-mail and see if he was still available. Anyway, what does everyone think? I really only do trail riding, and that's what he seems to be good at :)

Overo Grulla Paint ***PRICE REDUCED*** | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Thanks
Jessica

Macslady 09-16-2012 10:50 AM

He looks like he would be a great trail rider. Nice big build, back looks good, good bone in his legs, I think he would hold up well.

I wouldn't call him grulla though but as a paint maybe it's different and just used as a color description. A grulla has a dark face, black points on his ears, dark legs, bar striping on the legs at the top and a dorsal stripe and he's dappled. He has none of those so I would call him a gray overo still overall a nice looking horse.

MangoRoX87 09-16-2012 11:24 AM

Good looking horse. I'm going to refrain from correcting the term "Overo":P he's splash and sabino..haha

I really like the way he is put together!
Posted via Mobile Device

EthanQ 09-16-2012 12:06 PM

If you don't get him I WILL! haha hes gorgeous and looks very well trained. Go for it!

Macslady 09-16-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoRoX87 (Post 1685349)
Good looking horse. I'm going to refrain from correcting the term "Overo":P he's splash and sabino..haha

I really like the way he is put together!
Posted via Mobile Device

Duh, I see that now, I was so busy looking for stripes, etc I missed the obvious.
As others have said he looks like a great rider. Loves those paints with the big bones and good muscle build, they go forever and last forever. And if he's well broke he's a bargain at that price!

FeatheredFeet 09-16-2012 08:36 PM

Difficult to tell his colour, since it changes in the pics. He almost looks buckskin to me, with splash and sabino.

He's pretty cute and in good condition. Looks to be slightly over at the knee in one pic. I don't like his rather floppy ears much. If he is as they say, I think he'd be a nice horse to own and ride.

Lizzie

paintedpastures 09-17-2012 12:05 AM

He's pretty cute:wink: with his splash overo markings & his ear set,I would question if he is deaf. I have met a couple of deaf horse & seen pics of others they have that similar forward ear set.
That in itself wouldn't deter me they still make excellent mounts,just have to approach training differently:wink:.

Tessa7707 09-17-2012 07:10 PM

I love his nice, high withers. Those will be great for trail-keeping the saddle in place. Might be a little harder for saddle fit though, so make sure you have a saddle with a high enough gullet for him. What a babe of a horse though! He's gorgeous.

tinyliny 09-17-2012 07:30 PM

Around here, they'd get twice that price for a horse like him.

Macslady 09-17-2012 07:47 PM

Have you bought him yet??