The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Tying up long, thick hair for new job (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/tying-up-long-thick-hair-new-137821/)

AnnaT 09-16-2012 11:16 AM

Tying up long, thick hair for new job

I am starting a new job as a waitress tomorrow and need ideas for ways to tie up my hair. I will be working long hours so something I can do myself and that will stay in all night is preferred, I have REALLY long hair, like, waist length when it's down. I am going to take an inch off it but I don't want to take too much off. It's really thick too :/ but I can't do anything about that tonight.

Any help appreciated.
(I don't want to take too much off in case the job doesn't work out, my long hair is important to me. But I will cut it shorter later)

MangoRoX87 09-16-2012 11:19 AM

A braid? Or just a ponytail?
Posted via Mobile Device

calicokatt 09-16-2012 11:21 AM

An infinity bun would probably work for you. But go to The Long Hair Community Its a forum all about long hair, and there are some fabulous ideas for updo's, complete with instructions and pictures!

JoesMom 09-16-2012 11:23 AM

You need to learn to french braid your hair. It looks great and qualifies as having your hair up. The one with the braid on top stays quite tight over time and is really nice to look at as well. My daughter used to do that when she worked in a pizza place and the bosses thought it was a great idea.

NBEventer 09-16-2012 11:31 AM

I used to have waist length hair and my hair is crazy thick. I used to do a twist bun. I would put it in a pony tail first to help it stay then just twist it and roll into a bun and hold with a scrunchy.

Or I would just do a nice braid. There are a million cute ways to tie it back but I am boring and simple so I just went with the quickest easiest way which always seemed to be a braid or bun.

calicokatt 09-16-2012 11:34 AM

The braid with the hair on top is called a dutch braid.

Joe4d 09-16-2012 02:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well originally gonna say the Princess Leia look, but when you said Waitress, I definetly figured you gotta do the all time classic waitress Flo's giant beehive.

LadyDreamer 09-16-2012 08:11 PM

Look into the horse show bows. The ones with the clip and the net. Also, the big hair clips are great. Pony tail, twist it up, fold it to your head and clip.
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 09-16-2012 09:14 PM

I have long hair too.
You can do a simple braid, pig tail braids or a nice fishbone braid. I like buns too, but my hair is heavy so sometimes I get headaches from wearing them if I put them up too high. I use those monster claw looking hair clips and make one at the nape of my neck, those seem to be the easiest on my melon. Plus I can part my hair and do something cute with the front like some small twists/braids or clips and fancy pins.
Good luck at your new job :)

Missy May 09-17-2012 12:03 AM

I love hair forks. You can put your hair up fast w them and if you take a minute longer - you can make the "bun" look really elegant, your choice. I have always used them - I use to have very long hair, now it is just "long-ish". They work well either way. Other than that, a fishtail is faster than a braid and looks prettier, imo.