The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Books... free or to buy. (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/books-free-buy-13785/)

FutureVetGirl 08-23-2008 08:02 AM

Books... free or to buy.

I'm wanting to buy a bunch of books about training, care, and other things. About horses. I'm looking at stuff on Amazon, Ebay, and a few other sites, but shipping is getting frustrating, because the fact that the cheapest books are in like... twenty different "bookstores". Which means that shipping for all of them will end up being OUTRAGEOUS.

So... I'm wondering... if any of you guys have a ton of books to sell for a decent price (like... 10-20 books for fifty dollars, depending on the quality of the book, etc), that you guys wouldn't mind selling. I'd want the books to come from ONE person... rather than from twenty different people. I pay for the books as well as for shipping.

Back issues on horsey magazines would also be nice. So... if you guys could let me know what you have that you're willing to sell... I'll look 'em up... and so on!

Thanks a lot!

wordstoasong 08-23-2008 02:01 PM

I have a few books, so let me look thru, and I'll tell you what I have. =]

Gingerrrrr 08-23-2008 02:51 PM

I have about a million horse books that im getting rid of.

FutureVetGirl 08-23-2008 05:05 PM

Gingerrrr and wordstoasong... I'm looking mainly for these kinds of books:

Books on rescues (information prefered, though stories are nice)
Books on training (basic, english, young horse/foals)
Books on equine behavior
Books on veterinary stuff
and Books on nutrition and care (not just "basic", but slightly more in depth)

I'm going to be asking my mom about all of this tomorrow. So... if you don't mind just posting some of the names. JUST names and authors if you think it needs the author's name. I'll look them up. If you want, you could put all the books you think "fit" or that you want to get rid of, and take a picture of all of them, with the names shown. Then I can look at them, and so on.

Quality isn't a huge deal. I'll take any book as long as it's readable, not stained or crinkled (dog ears I don't mind... because I do that to all of my books), and pages aren't falling out or missing. :D

So... just let me know!

Gingerrrrr 08-23-2008 09:34 PM

here are a few that i have-

The Big Book of Horses by Edward L. Chase

Questions and Answers About Horses by Millicent E. Selsam

The World of Horses by Judith Campbell

The Horse In the West by Bradley Smith

The Love of Horses by Anne Alcock

FutureVetGirl 08-24-2008 03:57 AM

Those seem like good books... but not quite what I'm wanting. I have a ton of books that are "general" when it comes to stuff. What I'm wanting and looking for are books that are more in depth. Do you have any of those? :?

Gingerrrrr 08-24-2008 12:37 PM

i do but i dont know if im willing to sell. possibly for a small fee.

FutureVetGirl 08-24-2008 01:37 PM

Yeah... I'd be willing to pay for them. The title says free OR to buy. Just name the price you'd want per book, and I'll see if I'm willing to pay that.

wordstoasong 08-24-2008 01:40 PM

Care for old magazines? I have tons and the info is great.
I have the following: Horse Illustarted, The Canadian Horse Journal, Pratical Horseman (English Rider mag) and Horse-Canada.

Gingerrrrr 08-24-2008 02:03 PM

i have LOTS of magazines too