The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Another Possible Buy? (QH) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-another-possible-buy-qh-137885/)

EliRose 09-16-2012 09:26 PM

Critique Another Possible Buy? (QH)

I have another one, haha! This one I like quite a bit, he seems very kind. There is also a video of this guy.

Ad: Beautiful BIG and Quite Palomino Quarter Horse Gelding

Video:
What do you guys think? He needs work with his jump, I think, but he's only recently started over fences. Any red flags?

paintedpastures 09-16-2012 10:15 PM

He is pretty cute:D but still green looking in his training. He is pretty strung out & doesn't want to soften in face & round up.:-(
JMO,but Based on video i'd say he's overpriced

EliRose 09-16-2012 10:24 PM

Oh! I forgot to add they dropped his price to 2500.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-16-2012 10:46 PM

I don't know what's pretty fair in your area but around here he'd be about $1000 to $1500 tops if someone really fell in love with him.

He's still really strung out, all on his forehand and looks kind of hard to hold together. Pretty boy though! I'd knock $250 off just because they misspelled QUIET, that's a pet peeve of mine. He's QUITE what? GRRRRR, LOL!

barrelbeginner 09-16-2012 10:54 PM

I wish that I could afford another horse right now.. this hay is killing me:( and prolly aa bunch of people.. good look.. pretty horse:)

EliRose 09-16-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians (Post 1686130)
I don't know what's pretty fair in your area but around here he'd be about $1000 to $1500 tops if someone really fell in love with him.

He's still really strung out, all on his forehand and looks kind of hard to hold together. Pretty boy though! I'd knock $250 off just because they misspelled QUIET, that's a pet peeve of mine. He's QUITE what? GRRRRR, LOL!

Haha! I hate the misspelling too :-P I think some people around here think that's a perfectly good alternate spelling for quiet.

The price is okay for the area, a little pricey but this farm is also trying to downsize rather quickly, so hopefully they could knock off another $500. I'm also going to try and do a trial lease before hand, if I decide I want him.

I really like him a lot :D I loooove his look and color (OMG I love his color. Darker palominos with manes that white?<3).

I think he could be a fun little project and buddy :-)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliRose (Post 1686178)
Haha! I hate the misspelling too :-P I think some people around here think that's a perfectly good alternate spelling for quiet.

The price is okay for the area, a little pricey but this farm is also trying to downsize rather quickly, so hopefully they could knock off another $500. I'm also going to try and do a trial lease before hand, if I decide I want him.

I really like him a lot :D I loooove his look and color (OMG I love his color. Darker palominos with manes that white?<3).

I think he could be a fun little project and buddy :-)

If he can pass a PPE, and at that age he should, and the price is ok for the area and you LURVE him then :thumbsup::happydance: Go for it!

sheenaschlytter 09-16-2012 11:55 PM

I like him. I also would ask for him more in the price range of 1500 but he is pretty

tinyliny 09-17-2012 12:21 AM

I like him , too. He has potential. Nothing negative to say.

Lwhisperer 09-17-2012 02:49 AM

He has the same "all strung out" issue that my mare tends to have, but he looks great to me! I'm sure you can work on his stance and all. I would agree with those who are suggesting to see if you can get a lower price on him. In my area, everyone is hurting due to hay shortages and such. If your area is similar I'm sure you could get them to come down. Looks like you found a nice one! :smile: