The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Tired of people (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/tired-people-137917/)

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 12:47 AM

Tired of people

I am actually considering getting out of horses until I can buy property of my own. Sadly I actually did put up all of my horses for sale. :-( But with the price of horses they are going to take a while to sell because I refuse to sell them for a few hundred dollars. I am so depressed. I can't sleep. It just makes me not want to deal with people. This sucks. Sorry for the rant.

HorseyMum 09-17-2012 12:57 AM

I'm so sorry that you're having to sell all of your horses.

But, I'm sure the perfect owners will come along & they'll be more than happy to pay your price.

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseyMum (Post 1686283)
I'm so sorry that you're having to sell all of your horses.

But, I'm sure the perfect owners will come along & they'll be more than happy to pay your price.

Thanks for the kind words. I am just sad and frustrated. A part of me hopes they don't sell but it might be better. I am just confused and mixed up.

mudpie 09-17-2012 01:51 AM

I'm sorry that you don't like people, but, coincidentally, you live in a world filled with them. It's very likely that you'll run into several of them a day! Wouldn't you know it!

It's too bad that you're selling your horses. But whatever you feel is best is probably best!

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpie (Post 1686320)
I'm sorry that you don't like people, but, coincidentally, you live in a world filled with them. It's very likely that you'll run into several of them a day! Wouldn't you know it!

It's too bad that you're selling your horses. But whatever you feel is best is probably best!

Mudpie thanks for the laugh. Your right I live in a world full of them. It's a long story that's still not over. I just want to own property to put my horses on.

FlyGap 09-17-2012 02:13 AM

28 Attachment(s)
I'm so sorry Bella, I have been there, I couldn't take care of my horses after my accident. Hardest thing I've ever done. Is there any possibility to keep your favorite? I messed up badly when I rehomed two of mine and I'll regret it forever.
Hopefully everything will sort out, it's a tough market like you said so please be super careful and investigate the potential new owners to the fullest of your ability and GET REFERENCES. Have you looked at free leasing or donating your gelding to a therapeutic riding facility?

Saskia 09-17-2012 06:42 AM

Thats rough.

Its hard dealing with people all the time. I think the three most stressful things in my life are where I live, my job and my horse. The stressful part isn't each of those in the themselves, but the uncertainty that comes with relying on others for things that are so essential, and having to deal with it all.

I know things can be hard sometimes, but I urge you not to sell your horses when you're confused. Maybe take a little time to work your head out, and when you do if you want to sell then sell, and if you don't then don't.

I hope things get better.

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 07:49 AM

We are going to see if our farrier will board them for us. If not, I am not sure what to do. Thanks everyone.

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyGap (Post 1686329)
I'm so sorry Bella, I have been there, I couldn't take care of my horses after my accident. Hardest thing I've ever done. Is there any possibility to keep your favorite? I messed up badly when I rehomed two of mine and I'll regret it forever.
Hopefully everything will sort out, it's a tough market like you said so please be super careful and investigate the potential new owners to the fullest of your ability and GET REFERENCES. Have you looked at free leasing or donating your gelding to a therapeutic riding facility?

Sadly as much as I love my horses they are not trained well enough for therapeutic riding. My gelding might do it but his manners on the ground would get him fired. It's mostly that he needs to be reminded who the boss it. He constantly has his ears pinned and looks grumpy. He has been that way since we bought him. It's just the way his is and if you back down his behavior gets worse.

BellaMFT 09-17-2012 09:31 PM

Today is a better day. Good news is that we didn't loss our boarding place. But we do still uncertain if we are going to sell.