The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Rode Chief bareback for the first time! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/rode-chief-bareback-first-time-137971/)

Get up and go 09-17-2012 02:59 PM

Rode Chief bareback for the first time!

The day before yesterday, I sat on Chief bareback and put my niece on him with me while he at grass and my mom led us around for a quick minute. That evening I rode him bareback for the first time, we walked, trotted, and loped for maybe 2 seconds(lol). Yesterday I got on him again and we loped a lot more that time. I have ridden bareback before, not in a while, but that was my first time riding him bareback. I really think he enjoyed it more because he behaved a little better. I'm SO happy though because I don't have a saddle yet and I hate having to borrow one when I ride. I know this is long but I wanted to share my good news. Thanks for reading to anyone who actually did (;

DotDotDash 09-17-2012 06:06 PM

Cool! Bareback is fun, I hope he keeps doing well with it.

Get up and go 09-17-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DotDotDash (Post 1687152)
Cool! Bareback is fun, I hope he keeps doing well with it.

Thanks! He's getting better every time I ride. I agree, bareback is so fun, I used to ride bareback all the time on my first horse.

sinsin4635 09-17-2012 11:08 PM

Yep,injun style has always been my favorite! :wink:

vera 09-17-2012 11:15 PM

Bareback is fun! I rode bareback for a while because my saddle was broken. I was surprised at how much it improved my riding once I had my saddle again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get up and go 09-18-2012 10:15 AM

I guess injun style fits my injun horse(:
I haven't ridden in a saddle yet again, nor do I really want to, lol.

natisha 09-18-2012 10:46 AM

Good for you!:-)