The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rodeo (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/)
-   -   My barrels and poles from Sunday (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/my-barrels-poles-sunday-137990/)

BubblesBlue 09-17-2012 07:11 PM

My barrels and poles from Sunday

I apologize for the terrible quality. The video was taken on an iPhone. I just found my camcorder though so we'll have a lot better videos this weekend!

I got 10th in the barrels and 5th in the poles.

On the side note, my mom actually put this together. It still has me confused because she used a rock song by Egypt Central... Huh.

beau159 09-25-2012 01:19 PM

Was that in Bowman? Looks like their arena. Just curious!

Not bad! Hard to tell with the small video, but I would push just a tad bit deeper and faster on the 1st and 3rd barrel. Just to keep your speed up and just to hopefully shave another tenth off.

I can't see exactly what's going on in the poles, but he's kind of "bouncy" after he comes off a pole. What are you doing with your hands? Are you able to keep them quieter and move him off your leg more? To speed him up, he's got to run through a little smoother. But not bad either!

Barrelhorseluver 11-06-2012 01:10 AM

What were ur times? In barrels u need to keep riding u get really lazy near the end. And poles ur very rough on the mouth! Ur horse and u need to find a rythem!
Posted via Mobile Device

SorrelHorse 11-06-2012 01:28 AM

Trust me this girl does not need your critique nor did she ask for it; This thread is old anyway. There is however an actual section where you are allowed to critique...

Barrelhorseluver 11-06-2012 02:12 AM

I just was saying what i saw to help inprove her as a rider!
Posted via Mobile Device

SorrelHorse 11-06-2012 03:32 PM

I understand that but this is not the place for it, unless the person asks for a critique. ;) I'm not even sure how you can see her hands in the poles. She is light with that horse in her other videos.

BubblesBlue 11-06-2012 11:07 PM

Ok I'll give you some back story to this.

The horse I am riding on barrels, this is my first time EVER riding him at a barrel race. Of course it's not going to be perfect. I was just getting used to him. The next time I rode him in a barrel race, we WON the barrels.
Also about me and my pole horse getting in rhythm, I want to show you this video. I got second at state in this.

BarrelRacingLvr 11-06-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblesBlue (Post 1747393)
Ok I'll give you some back story to this.

The horse I am riding on barrels, this is my first time EVER riding him at a barrel race. Of course it's not going to be perfect. I was just getting used to him. The next time I rode him in a barrel race, we WON the barrels.
Also about me and my pole horse getting in rhythm, I want to show you this video. I got second at state in this.
Kelsey and Ruester at state - YouTube

I LOVE watching that video lol! VERY smooth poll run...I always like watching a nice smooth and snappy run through!

BubblesBlue 11-06-2012 11:14 PM

Thank you! I was so tickled with the run because it was amazing and there was still lots of room for improvement! I can't wait for next spring on my Ruester~

Barrelhorseluver 11-06-2012 11:38 PM

Omg that was a stellar run!
Posted via Mobile Device