The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   help meeee :S. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/help-meeee-s-138012/)

Janna 09-17-2012 10:19 PM

help meeee :S.

I'm Gunna go insane!

My friend is out of.. State and i'm baby sitting her kid .
No not a normal kid.. A 24/7 supervision kid .
Take your eyes off him for a second... He's Gunnaburn the house down or nearly kill himself.
It's been 2 days and i'm already tired.... How does she do this?
Plus there's 2 others that aren't here .

Ugh neverr again....

gunslinger 09-17-2012 10:24 PM

My mother always had a switch and used it when she felt the need.

Janna 09-17-2012 10:30 PM

Well his medicine makes him this manageable.
I've seen him off it and it's.horrible o.o

AlexS 09-18-2012 03:24 AM

How old is he?

royalhkay 09-18-2012 04:46 AM

Hi there.

I feel your pain.. My boyfriend has a little boy that has a 30 second attention span. If you try to keep him in the house all day it will make you a crazy exhausted wreck, but if you can take him outside to run around, look for bugs, swing, play with ropes, etc it is much much nicer.. and he gets tired out so he's less hyper later.

I find that if I am just sitting around being lazy trying to watch him its MUCH harder than if I just get up and go do random things with him and be involved.

Janna 09-18-2012 08:56 AM

He's 9
And yeah but it's been raining/storming here so.. No outside..

Maple 09-18-2012 09:27 AM

146 Attachment(s)
Get him to help you make stuff. Keep that brain working - cookies, playdough, papermache, artsy-farty jobs. What interests does he have? dinos or football? Make them. Also, do not BUDGE an inch from being in charge, do not hmm and ha, be direct and to the point. If he is a trouble maker you need him to respect/be scared to death (in a good way) of you. Try not to sugar coat anything as it'll only lead to him thinking he's got your number...

Theres a reason my nieces and nephews avoid me but will NOT talk out of turn to me.

Janna 09-18-2012 10:01 AM

Yeah tomorrow is my last day i'm stuck with him
He's got the attention span of a goldfish
I won't say he's been bad while I watch him, there's been no fits or anything but it's still a pain

Janna 09-19-2012 12:50 PM

I might get out of watching him today :p

Speed Racer 09-19-2012 01:28 PM

Vodka in your water bottle. May not help HIS attention span, but you won't care anymore. :twisted: