The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/just-me-138016/)

MissKriss 09-17-2012 11:35 PM

Is it just me?

2 Attachment(s)
Or is there something funny with this colts front legs? Critique please?
Lady wants to trade this colt for my saddle and I don't know if its just me being too critical but he looks funky...?

He is about 8 months old and is "full QH without papers"

BarrelracingArabian 09-17-2012 11:45 PM

Personally i wouldnt trade for him i agree all his legs look a bit wonky to me though..... i cant put it into words though im not thinking clearly hah
he looks sweet but id definitely get a ppe if you do decide you want to trade for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 09-17-2012 11:50 PM

Yes. He looks very odd on his front right. It looks "coon footed" in that photo, and in the first photo , he looks splay footed. I would not take on this poor little fellow.

stevenson 09-17-2012 11:55 PM

he has underrun heels, need trimmed, he is underfed for starters.
has some long pasterns.poor little guy. have a Vet check him. He really needs some groceries

Kayella 09-18-2012 12:00 AM

Long pasterns and underrun heels make his legs look wonky. He's also malnourished and really needs to be wormed.

MissKriss 09-18-2012 12:07 AM

I noticed all of that as well and I'm glad you all are reassuring me that its not a good move. Owner states he's current on vaccines, has been wormed, and is healthy as a goat! But as soon as I saw that picture and noticed where/how he was being kept, I genuinely feel really bad for him!
But I definately think ill pass on him, thank you so much everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

Elana 09-18-2012 08:24 AM

This horse lacks quality HAY. Looks like he has been eating real crap and trying to grow. He might mature fine.. but at this stage he is very weedy and looks recently weaned.

I bet the NDF of the hay he is eating is why he looks bad all over. He needs a farrier too. I bet two months on better hay, better grain, good clean water, and a good trim every 3 weeks would show a lot different horse.

TheMadHatter 09-18-2012 09:33 AM

Poor baby :((

BlueSpark 09-18-2012 10:25 AM

Honestly, some good feed, wormer and a trim, plus DECENT pictures not taken at wonky angles and I think you would see a different horse.

The only pictures I saw of my mare were horid ones that made her look cow hocked in back and splay footed in front. I went to look at her and her legs are fantastic and straight, all the way around.