The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   The Back to School Cold:( (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/back-school-cold-138058/)

barrelbeginner 09-18-2012 07:58 AM

The Back to School Cold:(

As I sit here at 5:53 Am. I cant breathe. My nose is stuffy and my throat hurts. This is the signs.. of the back to school cold LOL.

Everyone maybe knows what I'm talking about that is IF you went to school. This is when I wish I was homeschooled.

Every beginning of the school year the WHOLE school breaks out in this stupid cold. GRRR! I thought it skipped me.. as both my parents got sick from me.. and I was feeling fine.. UNTIL this morning/late last night.

Anyone got any good remedies for achy throat, stuffy nose and just the cold feeling of ughh.. I need some lol.. I've got school. Im staying home sick today..

Which could be a good thing.. I can catch up on some homework and stuff..

BUT I WANT TO FEEL BETTER>> NEED SOME REMEDIES PLEASE:) thanks:)

leapoffaithfarm 09-18-2012 08:14 AM

I know how you feel i have that same cold right now and it SUCKS:-(

WyomingRallyRacer 09-18-2012 08:30 AM

I have it to and being homeschooled doesn't help if you have a teacher like my mom. :D I take wellness fizz we buy it from the natural grocers it seems to help. I stay pretty active and still go and ride. Funny thing is if I don't then my cold sticks around longer. hope you guys feel better soon
Posted via Mobile Device

barrelbeginner 09-18-2012 10:37 AM

wellness fizz? maybe ill ask my mom to buy me some today when she goes shopping. and ya I probably will still ride.. I think that fresh air helps.

BarrelracingArabian 09-18-2012 10:47 AM

Hot pepermint tea is amazing for sore throats and stuffy noses. Also vicks vapor rub on a washcloth or hand towel put it on your chest and that helps thw stuffy nose as well.

I got the cold lost my voice for a week and all that and might have another form of it bout to hit again unfortunately.

Echinaea( sp?) Is a good vitamin to take to strengthen and even helps me get over colds quicker.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrelracingArabian 09-18-2012 10:48 AM

Oh and be sure to drink tons of water if you get dehydrated you will feel even worse
Posted via Mobile Device

barrelbeginner 09-18-2012 10:59 AM

okay thanks..LOL ill ask my mom to get me some tea haha and DRINK lots of water thanks:)

BarrelracingArabian 09-18-2012 11:03 AM

No problem :) i am queen of getting sick so i have tons of little tricks :)
Posted via Mobile Device

barrelbeginner 09-18-2012 11:12 AM

Ya Me too.. and losing my voice:/ but I just deal with it.. no little tricks haha