The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Camelot Mare! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/camelot-mare-138126/)

EliRose 09-18-2012 08:14 PM

Camelot Mare!

4 Attachment(s)
Ohhh I shouldn't be doing this when I'm still trying for the QH boy . . .

The last horse standing at Camelot Auctions in Cranbury, NJ!

From the FB page:
#606-- Chestnut Mare. Age: 15. Height: 15.2-15.3 hands. Price: $400. Super sweet, cuddly love-bug in the pen, rode through at a walk, trot & canter. Was very scared & forward, may need an experienced owner/rider.

Thoughts on her? A lot of the people in the comments were saying she was probably just scared because she was in the auction - very understandable. And ooh does she need some groceries!

MangoRoX87 09-18-2012 08:45 PM

Something seems a tad off in her front legs, but I like her. I saw her on FB and thought she was such a cutie:)
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 09-18-2012 08:48 PM

I think she'd be a nice-looking mare with some groceries, muscle, and TLC. She has a nice shoulder, a decent rear, and looks to have a proportionate neck length, despite the lack of muscle. Her rear cannons are awfully long, and there's something funny going in with her front legs. Tied in at the knee, perhaps? I'd also like to see more depth to her heart girth, but overall, she looks like she could be a nice riding horse.

twiz454 09-18-2012 08:51 PM

She looks like she could be a great pleasure horse. Auctions can be scary, and it's possible she may not have been ridden in awhile. They're saying she had a great personality on the ground, I bet with some confidence building exercises that will translate into the saddle nicely.

EliRose 09-18-2012 10:21 PM

I actually think she might be this horse >>> Mare

Someone posted that ad on one of her photos, and I've seen it before. I actually was going to ask if she hadn't been Western.

twiz454 09-18-2012 10:23 PM

That isn't her. The white on the camelot mare's nose comes down in a V, the one in the craigslist ad does not.

twiz454 09-18-2012 10:24 PM

the one in the ad also has more of a flax mane/tail

Breella 09-18-2012 10:25 PM

I was eying her on the FB page. She's perdy. If I hadn't already got my boy she would be on my list.

Coconut Cruncher 09-19-2012 12:24 AM

Those pasterns are like toothpicks, with front cannons to match and knee's too far forward.

God, I wouldn't go there. I would personally be at a constant high stress level if I had a horse with tiny thin pasterns like that; wondering if at a simple trot in the paddock they'd snap in two.

Elana 09-19-2012 07:42 AM

I looked at her and thought she was pretty nice. A bit over at the knee, but that is just not a fault worth worrying over. Like her big roomy hocks too. Nice shoulder and neck is set on the right place.

Needs groceries.. lots of. When I see some of the horses at Camelot I would want to run a blood test (of course there is not time). Make sure there is nothing else going on besides hard times and people not having enough money.

If horse checked out.. coggins negative.. and no EPM... no Ulcers.. she might be worth a try. Her age is against her a bit.