The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Gorgeous Rescue Paint Looking for Loving New Home (Location Twin Cities MN) (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/gorgeous-rescue-paint-looking-loving-new-138218/)

TessThor 09-19-2012 06:50 PM

Gorgeous Rescue Paint Looking for Loving New Home (Location Twin Cities MN)

"Oskar Blues" (named for my favorite Brewery in Colorado) was a rescue from a local feed lot in January of this year. He had quite a bit of bad luck and had fallen in the trailer either on the way to the auction or after sale and was quite sore in his right hind. Even with a sore and very swollen hip/leg he hopped right in the trailer and headed home with us to heal and begin a new life. He settled in very quickly and soon showed us how incredibly sweet he really is.

My main goal was to get him healthy and ready for a new home, and I have changed my mind often, but have decided that I don't have the time to devote to a green horse again and would love to find him a home where he can flourish!

I have all of Oskar's vet records and will gladly share them with the new owner. Oskar is 16 hands high, according to the vet he is 6 or 7 years old, has negative coggins, teeth floated in early spring, flex tests to ensure he has healed correctly and no residual issues from his fall, and he has been working with a very talented young lady all summer getting started under saddle.

He will continue to need patient and steady training under saddle, but learns quickly. I believe he has been started before, but has trust and confidence issues and may need to start from the ground up with his new owner/trainer. I believe that once he has the chance to bond he will be as fabulous under saddle as he is on the ground!

I have posted videos of an initial evaluation I had done of him on You Tube (the eval was in Feb. or March of this year). And as I noted, he has since been working with a very talent young lady who has done a lot with him in a short time. Here is the link to my You Tube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Dogandponyshow711?feature=mhee I have many more photos that I can pass on as requested.

Please reply to this thread with any questions.

Thanks!
Amy

WickedNag 09-20-2012 07:42 AM

Really think he is a great looking horse. Good luck finding him the perfect home.

nikelodeon79 09-20-2012 08:46 AM

I can't get the video to play on my phone. Arg! Do you have any pics?

Do you feel he'll eventually be ok on the trail? Maybe lower level dressage?

What are you asking for him? (Feel free to pm).

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

TessThor 09-20-2012 01:51 PM

Hi Nicki,
I have just joined this forum and it will not let me send a PM until I have 5 posts. My email is amysletten@gmail.com. Please feel free to email me.

Thanks!
Amy

Speed Racer 09-20-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikelodeon79 (Post 1690500)
I can't get the video to play on my phone. Arg! Do you have any pics?

Do you feel he'll eventually be ok on the trail? Maybe lower level dressage?

What are you asking for him? (Feel free to pm).

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

You may have to fight me for this one, Nik. He's a black & white paint. :wink:

nikelodeon79 09-20-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1690821)
You may have to fight me for this one, Nik. He's a black & white paint. :wink:

Ha! I knew it! Lol!

Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 09-20-2012 02:15 PM

I kid! Mostly. :wink:

I'm at my limit right now with 3, and until somebody goes to the Bridge I won't willingly take on another mouth to feed, especially with feed/hay prices right now. :shock:

I really do want a b&w pinto at some point in my life, but MN is kinda far for me. I live in south central VA, and even if I were in the market that's quite a haul.

He's quite lovely too, although far too big for my tastes. My biggest horse is my 15.3 h TB, and I think he's a monster! :lol:

nikelodeon79 09-20-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TessThor (Post 1690817)
Hi Nicki,
I have just joined this forum and it will not let me send a PM until I have 5 posts. My email is amysletten@gmail.com. Please feel free to email me.

Thanks!
Amy

Email sent!
Posted via Mobile Device

nikelodeon79 09-20-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1690845)
I kid! Mostly. :wink:

I'm at my limit right now with 3, and until somebody goes to the Bridge I won't willingly take on another mouth to feed, especially with feed/hay prices right now. :shock:

I really do want a b&w pinto at some point in my life, but MN is kinda far for me. I live in south central VA, and even if I were in the market that's quite a haul.

I'm only about 3 hours away. :-P
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 09-20-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikelodeon79 (Post 1690848)
I'm only about 3 hours away. :-P
Posted via Mobile Device

Well there you go! :D