What went around has now come back to bite me in the...
You know that saying "what goes around, comes around"? And the thing our parents say, "Someday you'll apprieciate how much driving around I actually do for you and your horse!"
Well, it's finally come back to bite me in the a**. I will be
1) leaving work 1.5 hrs early.
2) running to the store, to grab a healthy snack (of course we're out at home)
3) running home to grab a few items for the friend I'm borrowing a trailer from.
4) Driving 10 minutes to the barn to bring Odie in, get him wrapped, pile up his brushes, J's helmet, the saddle & bridle etc. Give him some pre-emptive Bute
5) Drive 30 min to go to my friends house to pick up her truck & trailer, and drop off all the stuff I have to give her.
6) Drive the 30 min BACK to the barn to load up the horse and all his stuff( don't forget her helmet, don't forget her helmet, don't forget her helmet)
7) Drive home (in town) with the horse trailer to get J (if my timing is right, school will let out 15 min b4 I get there). Plan on her not being ready, so help her hurry her butt up
8) Take the horse & the kid to her lesson 30 min away in the OPPOSITE direction.
9) Arrive with enough time to get Odie all ready (try to let J take care of, but not let it take forever), warmed up, and used to the arena in time for J's 5:30 lesson.
Grand total of 1 hour 45 min of JUST travel (doesn't include any non-driving prep time) to get J to her HALF HOUR lesson!!! And then there's the return trip.:?
I love my daughter, I love my daughter, I love my daughter:thumbsup:
And I wouldn't have it any other way:happydance::clap:
Go mommy go!!! :)
wow....all i can say to that is "THANK GOD I HAVE AN ARENA AT HOME!" my trainer took money OUT of her fee because we had an arena and she didnt so she would bring HER horses over to ride! haha
thats crazy. i HATE driving. i feel for you haha
Might be time to invest in a rig, busy. :wink:
When we sold the truck hubby & I were both driving 100+ miles a day for work, and hadn't used the trailer in over 2 years, so by by truck.
Now I NEED the truck back!!! My friends isn't big enough to pull our trailer, she just has a 1/2 ton. I'm trying to convince hubby to let me trade the Trail Blazer in for a truck. Two guesses as to who's winning that one right now:evil::evil:
just do it one day while hes gone then when he asks about the nice shiney truck in the yard just tell him the Nice truck fairies felt bad for you and took the trailblazer away and replaced it with said shiney truck! :D
LOL! I feel your pain. Luckily we board where my daughter normally takes lessons...but every now and again (show days, special sessions at her trainer's home barn), I have a very similar schedule.
God Bless the horse Moms...because boy do we need all the help we can get!
Posted via Mobile Device
^^^ love it, RC!!!!!^^^
I feel your pain, though the grandkids aren't taking riding lessons. With them, it's cheerleading and football. Different ages, different practicse venues. Daughter and her hubby don't have a vehicle that is running, so they have to use hubby's truck.
Wait, did I say truck? His dad bought him a truck so we could haul the horses around to the various playdays and trail rides. Problem? It's a toy truck...a truck wanna be Chevy S-10. Sure - it will pull the horse trailer...if it's empty. But...it might not be able to stop it! No WAY would I use it to haul a horse.
So - we have to borrow older daughter's truck when we want to haul horses, and she lives 35 miles away!
Where are the truck fairies? I REALLY NEED THE TRUCK FAIRIES!!!
Blargh. I feel your pain.... I ride 4-5 times per week and my barn is 45 mins to an hour away from home. I'm moving at the end of the month to a barn that will cut my travel time in half. I turn green with jealousy any time I see someone post that they live 5-10 mins from their barn.
Posted via Mobile Device
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.