The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Wide fit reinng saddle! (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/wide-fit-reinng-saddle-138308/)

Muppetgirl 09-20-2012 06:07 PM

Wide fit reinng saddle!

Ok, I have somewhat of an issue. My new Reiner has very broad shoulders (across the wither) and I'm Having a hard time fitting a saddle to him. Hes a big horse, he's losing weight (I just got him, he's had a bit of a vacation)
My saddle doesn't have enough flare in the skirt in the front. A friends saddle that I've rode him in twice seems not to have quite enough flare, but better than my saddle.
He got really annoyed and just really fresh feeling when I rode him in my saddle, can you blame him. In my friends saddle he is not acting annoyed (tail wringing etc) but he is still fresh feeling. He shouldn't be fresh! I've been burning his beans off, and he is a pretty laid back guy.

Today I rode him up into a good sweat so that I could check out the sweat on his back properly....ugh he had really dark sweaty spots mainly over his shoulders!
So, the friends saddle won't work.
He has a wither, it's just slightly low, and the clearance on both these saddles were good....

Does anyone know of a good quality saddle brand/maker that has a wide flare in the front of the saddle? Any help would be appreciated:-)

franknbeans 09-25-2012 02:59 PM

THese saddles always intrigued me, (and Jim Taylor is a well respected name) because of the "shoulder-free" tree. Might be worth a try.
Custome Saddles featuring the Shoulder Free Tree by Jim Taylor Saddlery

Muppetgirl 09-26-2012 10:06 AM

Thanks Frank....will take a look.

slidercoyote 10-06-2012 01:58 AM

reining saddle

Avila's Pro Shop | Quality Tack & Equipment from Professionals

muppetgirl,
This is the saddle i bought the Bitter root. It is spendy but this saddle has the bars you are looking for. I have owned this saddle for 6 yrs. It has fit any horse i have put it on, even fit my girlfrends Ten Walker.
I bought this saddle when i started reining. 3 of my frends have this saddle and would not part with them. The saddle also fits the rider.

franknbeans 10-06-2012 08:22 AM

I could not find what saddle you are referring to using that link. It takes me to a general page, that seems to show me anything but a saddle......:-(

What make, etc?

slidercoyote 10-06-2012 01:11 PM

wide fit reining saddle

here is a used one for sale. They have changed their web page and it just shows the back end of the saddle. This is not a Bobs saddle different bars.

Cowhorse Equipment Custom Sadddle 15.5" $2000

www.freehorseads.com/tack/photo.php?adnum=8727
Horse Tack Details:15.5 Cowhorse Equipment Custom Saddle. Purchased from Avilas Pro Shop. Bitterroot model sells for $3585 on Avilas Pro Shop website.

Muppetgirl 10-12-2012 06:34 PM

Thanks everyone, I ended up finding one to fit the hulk!!!!:lol: