The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This breaks my heart (WARNING GRAPHIC)

5K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  Nokotaheaven 
#1 ·
Maybe this has been posted here before, if not then, well, you can see for yourself. I have never seen anything like this, how lucky I was before because this... this is unbelievable. I take one look at this and I'm ready to cry, don't know how anyone could just do this without a second thought. This guy got probation for three years, fine of $75000, community service etc. etc, but if you ask me, that's the least he deserves. People like this should never GET CLOSE to an animal, let alone be able to "TRAIN" an animal. Maybe I'm being preachy and over reactive, but this just shocked me and I needed to let it all out.

Walking horse trainer charged with soring | Horse and Country TV

#3 ·
I can't even express how sick this makes me feel. That is beyond heartbreaking. How someone could do that to such a beautiful creature is absolutely incomprehensible. I didn't listen to the audio or do a lot of reading but I seriously hope every last one of those horses are, or were, seized and rehabilitated and put with people that would actually love them and appreciate them. Not with another one of those monsters.

#15 ·
I absoloutley agree. It just makes me want to put a rope around his neck and beat him with a stick :-x . Words and smilies cannot express the hatred that i now feel for that man.
I just want to hug that horse and give it the love it deserves:cry:

:-x

Reactions: Herdof2
#6 ·
I admit i DIDNT watch the video (got a good sense of what happened by your comments>@), but i have to ask..if this horse is in TRAINING, why are the owners not being held partially responsible? When i have a horse in training i know exactly whats being done to that animal.....IT aint that hard to check in on em..

Seems to me that if the owners could be held somewhat liable for what the trainer is doing to get these horses to perform the way they do- the owners would be much less like to pay for abuse, just to get a show winner..

#10 ·
I admit i DIDNT watch the video (got a good sense of what happened by your comments>@), but i have to ask..if this horse is in TRAINING, why are the owners not being held partially responsible? When i have a horse in training i know exactly whats being done to that animal.....IT aint that hard to check in on em..

Seems to me that if the owners could be held somewhat liable for what the trainer is doing to get these horses to perform the way they do- the owners would be much less like to pay for abuse, just to get a show winner..

I always say that too. The owner should be paying an equally large fine and doing all the same punishment. (sadly that isn't close to what he deserves) I think the vets, the judges at the shoes, the farriers that put those stupid heavy shoes on the horses, all of them. They all need to pay for this abuse. If they ever have a second go then it should be automatic prison time. IMO NOT just 60-90 days either. :cry: This is abuse and it is illegal so anyone participating in it is breaking the law. Not to mention is sadly lacking morals.

#9 ·
I've seen enough of these--couldn't watch this one--and it's very good to keep talking them up. Until the classes and judges stop rewarding this unnatural movement in the show ring, it won't stop. Speak up when you're at a show. Let everyone there watching know about the brutal training. We stopped littering with a Native American tear. We can stop this being vocal and standing up for what is right.
BTW, we need a "seriously DISLIKE" button here.

#11 ·
Sorry I just had to say more on this. I really think that this awful "trainer" got off too easy. This guy should never get close to another horse or other animal. Three years is only so long, this man will never learn from his mistakes. He will come right back after three years and continue abusing animals, if not horses then it will be another animal. Punishment will never undo what he has done to these poor horses, however steps can be taken to prevent this happening again! SOME PEOPLE DO NOT BELONG AROUND ANIMALS. PERIOD. THREE YEARS IS NOT ENOUGH.:-x

#12 ·
I've seen and heard of these sorta things all too much... It sickens me... I am going to show this video to everyone I know so they can spread the word about it. And I don't mean to sound heartless or cruel, because as much as I would like to see these horses rehomed to better people, the best thing they can probably do is put them down... Because all those chemicals and all that weight on their feet, they're going to develop serious leg, foot, and back problems as they age... They'll all at least have arthritis, laminitis, and serious issues with the hind legs. Like I noticed one horse there, he tried to take all his bodyweight off his front legs, but his hind legs could barely hold him up... I know if i had the money I would do whatever I could to fix these guys and make them happier, but I don't, and not many people who actually care do...
This reminded me of a story I read.. It's illegal, but people used to, and likely still do, burn racehorse legs so they feel nothing below the knee. It's so they can race through pain and injury. There was one of those horses who had been rehomed, and he wasn't real good on his feet because of it. One day him and another horse were playing, and the other horse kicked him. It was just enough that he fell over. He couldn't get back up, so his owner helped him up. She got the vet out there, who said that his back had given out as a result of all the stress that had been put on it because of his legs. They decided to put him down right then. Just before he was put down, all the horses in the field pushed against him to hold him up, and they gently lowered him to the ground when it was done. They then followed in a procession to his burial site.

#17 ·
I have seen this--it is absolutely SICK. It is just infuriating!!! I couldn't watch the whole thing. This stupid man deserves to have done to him what he did to those poor, poor horses...no, I take that back; he needs to have a triple-dose. He was just beating them! The horses were in so much pain they could even get up in their stalls...

Sick. Sick. Sick. The Big Lick should be outlawed completely. It is not even a "gait"-- how can anyone call a horse that's lifting it's legs high because of pain, a gait??? Infuriating!

Oh...Nakotaheaven, that thing about the racehorses is is so sad--I didn't know they did that. Cruel! What people will do to animals for money...

Reactions: IRaceBarrels
#18 ·
I have seen this--it is absolutely SICK. It is just infuriating!!! I couldn't watch the whole thing. This stupid man deserves to have done to him what he did to those poor, poor horses...no, I take that back; he needs to have a triple-dose. He was just beating them! The horses were in so much pain they could even get up in their stalls...

Sick. Sick. Sick. The Big Lick should be outlawed completely. It is not even a "gait"-- how can anyone call a horse that's lifting it's legs high because of pain, a gait??? Infuriating!

Oh...Nakotaheaven, that thing about the racehorses is is so sad--I didn't know they did that. Cruel! What people will do to animals for money...

#21 ·
Yep :/

Posted via Mobile Device

#19 ·
I want to go and beat that guy right across the @$$.
I wuld love to choke him and bury his useless &%^$&* body in acid !!

I would love to meat this guy so i can tear him limb to limb i am sooooooo ****** right now i am seriously going to break my computer!!!! I want to go and tie him to a post and let him rott!! that sick son of a ∫ˆ†ç˙

#20 ·
I could hardly watch past the point where they were beating the horse the couldn't get up because they were in so much pain! I had no idea this went on and that it was a recent thing!
Every sport has it's demons, though... doping in racing, tacked rails in jumpers. This was another form of abuse in the show ring I came across, referred to as the blue tongue:
Blue tongue World Cup - YouTube

It's sad what top champion horses go through to be just that, top champions.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
Spoken about ruining a horse! Only sick people do something likes that. There are just no words to explain how disgusting this is. Badly enough it will have a long duration before it doesn't happen anymore. Ther are more people that abuse their horse and name it training. Happily most of them do not do such things to their horse.

#26 ·
Quote from the video: "If those spectators could see the true face of soring, they would be running these people out of the business." Sadly, that isn't true. MOST of those spectators know exactly what is going on but chose to look the other way. It is a sad commentary on our society that allows this type of abuse for entertainment and to make a buck. How can we forget the living breathing being that suffers every moment of every day to accomplish this task for us? When I sit her typing this thinking "how many horses are currently being abused like this?" I get sick to my stomach.

#33 ·
#29 ·
I personally don't see a problem with Big Licking as long as it or the training causes no pain or damage to the horse. I mean, it's not my cup of tea, I think it looks stupid, but to each his own. I don't see any direct repercussions to the shoes themselves unless there is some limit to the amount of nails that should be used. They don't weigh enough to really hurt the horses muscular system (that I can see).

IMO the video where they show the horse going from the pasture through shod and ready to go; while a nice video that shows everything proper, it didn't cover how he was trained to big lick, so it just basically shows stress/pain free shodding.

Bottom line, hurt the horse and I have issues. If you can train them to big lick without pain or torment, then by all means, have at it, have fun and be safe!

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.