The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Opened my eyes...(warning, graffic pic) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/opened-my-eyes-warning-graffic-pic-138351/)

Copperhead 09-21-2012 12:16 AM

Opened my eyes...(warning, graffic pic)

I am wondering if anyone else knows of the small group of individuals who run around egypt, caring for ill, starving and other-wise walking-dead horses?

I just found them through a link I clicked and I am completely at awe with how godly our own horses are treated compared to those who are in Egypt. I have never seen so many death-ridden horses. These people run around treating severely injured, laminitic, malnourished horses and supplying their owners with halter padding to save their horse's noses and specially padded saddlepads to lift the saddles off of these horse's wounds while they work.

The reason why I don't openly post the link is because the entire site is very ugly and sad. At first I didn't understand what I was looking at, but the deeper I viewed the site, the more I understood what they were doing to help.

After reviewing what happens clear across the world without any cencorship or prejudice (she is taking things with a clear head instead of insulting and attacking every horse owner she sees), my perception of neglect and abuse has somewhat altered. Its not changed any, I've just been educated in a rather raw way.

I think I've found a new hero. I can not believe what she faces on an everyday basis. Its unfathomable, and yet she does it.

Again, I won't post the link to the page because its rather graffic and besides, its a facebook page, but I will show you a "before and after" photo of her proudest work

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...39028013_n.jpg

Jewelsb 09-21-2012 12:19 AM

That's sad but I wish I could see the link!
Posted via Mobile Device

Spotted 09-21-2012 12:22 AM

oh my, I wanted to cry when I saw that. I can't believe that horse was alive.

Copperhead 09-21-2012 12:40 AM

There are so many horses that were pictured that looked just as bad and were just as shocking. They did mention a couple (and pictured a couple) well fed and decently cared for equines out there. While they pass out their special padded halter pads and saddlepads to the horses in need, they also give them to the horses who are better off so they don't develop the problems that the others do. They treat dieing horses as well as pass on preventive care, and they do it with a strong stomach.

I guess in essense, there ARE properly cared for horses in that area. Whats a bit shocking is the fact that most horses are kept underweight and in poor health, and its accepted as the proper way to care for a horse.

deserthorsewoman 09-21-2012 12:49 AM

Don't know if it's the same group and can't even remember the name, but somebody has been doing that for about 20 years. What they stressed was educating the people along with helping the horses and donkeys. And they said they are very willing to make life better for their animals, just don't know how. Lack of money and resources mainly.
Im actually surprised that it isn't known here. Maybe because Europe is closer to Egypt than the US.

Copperhead 09-21-2012 12:53 AM

I don't know how long this group has been doing it because I just found it and haven't seen a "starting" date. I've not even hit half the information they have on the site. It could possibly be the same group you're talking about. I think its amazing what they're doing.

deserthorsewoman 09-21-2012 12:57 AM

Sure is.

alexischristina 09-21-2012 12:58 AM

I'm not sure I understand why you wont post the link... if it is on the internet and it is public (I would understand if it was a PRIVATE page) I would assume 'she' (or 'they' if it is a they running it) would like to bring the cause and the issue to the attention of as many horse lovers as possible, if only to educate us further.

Copperhead 09-21-2012 01:07 AM

It is a facebook page, and I heard we couldn't post facebook pages? Would it be allowed if I simply stated the name they were under for everyone to search it? The facebook page is public.

alexischristina 09-21-2012 01:10 AM

I don't see anything in the rules that state you're not allowed to post facebook pages. You shouldn't link to somebody's private facebook page, but a page for a group should be fine?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.