The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Cooler (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/cooler-138414/)

JustWingIt 09-21-2012 07:31 PM

Cooler

Anyone have a recommendation for a good cooler that will keep my boy nice and warm and help dry him after i hose him off?

JustWingIt 09-22-2012 09:33 AM

No one?
Posted via Mobile Device

cowgirl4753 09-22-2012 10:48 AM

I have a full fleece one that I use. It goes from their butt right up to their ears and buckles up in the front. The fleece works great as is kinda sucks the water/sweat off them. The blanket will be soaking wet but the horse underneath is dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

KarrotKreek 09-22-2012 10:58 AM

Schneiders has a combo cooler, fleece outside with Irish Knit lining the inside. Saves you from buying two. Reasonably priced.

I always layered my coolers anyways to speed up the drying process. Definitely handy when dealing with a winter coat.

MyBoyPuck 09-22-2012 10:26 PM

I love wool coolers. Horse's dry much quicker than with fleece girths.

AbsitVita 09-23-2012 07:00 AM

http://www.smartpakequine.com/images...andardNeck.jpg

Wick-Dri Cooler
Weatherbeeta USA
Item #14651
Read all 26 reviews
Our Price: $62.95
FREEReturn Shipping
Price Match Guarantee
The Wick-Dri Cooler is great to use after exercise or bath.

The wicking fleece draws sweat and moisture away from your horse, then the lightweight mesh overlay enhances rapid evaporation- leaving your horse dry and comfortable. You'll be amazed at how fast he cools down and dries after bath or workout! Imported. Also use the Wick-Dri Cooler for blanket or sheet liner to enhance breathability. Choose from standard neck (sizes 69-87) or new Combo with attached neck (sizes 69-84). We're sorry, but certain colors/sizes are sold out and have been removed from the drop-down menu.

MyBoyPuck 09-23-2012 07:37 PM

Why does that cooler make me think Victoria's Secret for horses? That cooler is downright sexy.

AbsitVita 09-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBoyPuck (Post 1694223)
Why does that cooler make me think Victoria's Secret for horses? That cooler is downright sexy.

:rofl: I don't know why but perhaps because when I first saw this cooler, the song "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO came to mind....just sayin.

Tempestsgirl 09-27-2012 03:40 AM

I love the dura tech one that sstack sales. Its made of wool and acrylic. The wool gets the horse dryer faster. But the acrylic makes it better so you can wash it and it will keep its shape unlike the solid wool blankets. It also wears very well. I've had mine for years and used it alot and it still looks like new. They also run very well in sizes. Not to mention they are very well priced.

Dura-Tech® Contour Wool Blend Cooler in Coolers / Covers at Schneider Saddlery

JumperCrazy 09-30-2012 04:57 PM

Centaur turbo-dry cooler sheet
Centaur Turbo-Dry™ Cooler Sheet | Dover Saddlery