The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Info on saddle brand. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/info-saddle-brand-138440/)

OutOfTheLoop 09-21-2012 11:10 PM

Info on saddle brand.

I bought a saddle at an auction a few months back, and still can not find any info on the brand. I have searched and searched. And come up with nothing. Maybe someone can help me out here? It's a Bar - Nunn, and is pretty decently made. It is a round skirt barrel saddle. Very comfy. Anyone ever heard of or know anything about this brand?

OutOfTheLoop 10-07-2012 03:00 PM

Bump, anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

fkcb1988 10-07-2012 11:20 PM

This all I have been able to find so far. She valls it a "Circle Y Bar-Nunn Edition".

Posey County Saddle Club - Home page

OutOfTheLoop 10-07-2012 11:29 PM

I saw that too, but then looked at my saddle and no where on it does it mention circle y. I thought it would say on it somewhere if it was made by circle y. I couldn't find anything underneath either. Just the bar Nunn on the side a.d it has a silver horn cap that says bar-Nunn.
Posted via Mobile Device

fkcb1988 10-07-2012 11:38 PM

I cant even find info on the Circle Y Bar-Nunn Edition saddle. It wont pull up anything on it. Could your be a rebuilt one or knock off? It really is a mystery lol

OutOfTheLoop 10-07-2012 11:41 PM

Lol Idk. It's a nice made saddle, so I wouldn't think it would be an off brand like some of the ones you find on eBay. Who knows! I guess I will always wonder.
Posted via Mobile Device

fkcb1988 10-07-2012 11:54 PM

Lol! You have a mysterious saddle. I tried :)

You could always call the lady selling the saddle and pick her brain.

OutOfTheLoop 11-20-2012 12:26 PM

Just an update on my mystery saddle. I was searching again yesterday and found a circle y bar Nunn saddle for sale on eBay. And it looks just like mine, maybe a little rougher. So I have some hope now that I do have a decent saddle. I was also looking at the underside fleece, and notices some writing on the tree. It has a woman's name, address, and the date 5-12-1980 written on it. Maybe I can find this person online and find out about this saddle? Who knows!
Posted via Mobile Device

Eta
Would it be creepy on my part to try and find this person and ask about the saddle?

poppy1356 11-20-2012 01:19 PM

Hey if she put her name there then she wanted to be found :)