The Horse Forum banner

Early, on time or late foal, colt/filly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mara's foaling thread ~due 8th April~

18K views 148 replies 38 participants last post by  rbarlo32 
#1 ·
I fingered I would start Mara's foaling thread early so that I can keep you all updated on the size of her huge belly.

A little about the pair, Mara's fully name is Muness Mara, she is a pedigree Shetland registered with the spsbs (the shetland pony stud book society) and has a super pedigree, mixing some of the oldest Shetland blood lines with some of the best blood lines in the world, (the Wells stud), she is reasonably well conformed, nothing special but with her crossed with this stallion I am ecpecting a great foal, she has a fantastic temprements, great movement and a ton of hair which is very important in a Shetland, she is 4 and this is her first foal, she has been shown inhand a couple of times but hated it so didn't place well. She is a finer pony so cross with my stallion should make a nice middle.
Muness Mara Shetland Pony

She is in foal to my Stallion Enrique of St Ninian (Ricky), Ricky is one of the best stallions I have seen, has only been shown twice before I got him picking up Champion on his first show and Reserve Champion on his second, he missed this years show season due to an eye injury, Ricky have everything and more, near flawless conformation, movenet to die for, lots of hair, he is built like a tank and has an elite pedigree. , on top of all this greatness he has a temprement that will let me trust him with my 11 year old sister to walk past fields of mares and ride him past them.
Enrique of St Ninian Shetland Pony

She ran with him in the field for a couple of months and he is a 'shy' stallion so only saw him cover her once which was the first day so going off of that and working it out from 342 day she is due on the 8th of April.

See less See more
#10 ·
At this point she is too far along for a scan for twins to tell you if she has twins or not, besides if she is carrying twins there is nothing you can do at this point. She should have been scanned at 16-18 days post breeding to see if there were twins or not if that is what you were looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.