The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Is this legal in 4-H shows? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/legal-4-h-shows-138548/)

The Northwest Cowgirl 09-23-2012 01:50 PM

Is this legal in 4-H shows?

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to decorate my english brow band with ribbon, slightly like the picture (minus the obnoxious ribbon-shaped things on both ends and a bit less fancy), but I wasn't sure if that would be legal in 4-H shows. I don't think it would be for dressage, but I'm not planning on doing dressage. Does anyone know? I think it's ok, because of the decorative headstalls in western riding, but english is a little more strict, so I want to make sure before I do it.
If anyone knows, that would be helpful. :)

Thanks!

Cruiser 09-23-2012 01:56 PM

In 4-h yes it is legal at least in Canada, the judge may comment that it is not needed. 4-H you should be judged on a tidy well fitted appearance, not if it is over the top, or better brands/styles. Long as it isn't distracting you shouldn't get a lower score because of it.

spurstop 09-23-2012 02:47 PM

You need to find your area or state's rulebook and find out from that. If it's not addressed, then you need to contact your 4-H office and find out from the source.

themacpack 09-23-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurstop (Post 1694023)
You need to find your area or state's rulebook and find out from that. If it's not addressed, then you need to contact your 4-H office and find out from the source.

ITA with spurstop - the "rules" (and, further, their actual enforcement) can vary greatly from one locale to the next.

ChingazMyBoy 09-23-2012 04:10 PM

It would be best to look up the rule book for your area, to ensure that you are getting the correct, up to date information.

Otherwise, because we have members all over the world - the information they give you could be correct for their area and not for yours. Better to be safe than sorry.

Ponies 09-28-2012 11:25 PM

I'd ask your 4h advisers. They would probably know. Ive been in 4h for 9 years, never seen anyone do it.