The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   float size (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/float-size-138570/)

Prinella 09-23-2012 08:29 PM

float size

Hi guys,
I'm float shopping :D Thought I'd found my dream float but it now sounds a bit small. I have two horses Prins a fairly wide just under 15hh QH Ellas probably about 15.3 WB x TB

how do these float dimensions sound to you?

chest bar to ramp 188cm/74"
Wall to wall 160cm / 63"
floor to roof 195.6cm

920KG :D

I like that it's been redone recently its light (I drive a sedan) and its beautifully light inside. There are no bells and whistles but it's what I want. I have a boot to store tack!

If it seems to small what size do you think I need?

Prinella 09-24-2012 07:29 PM

Any Ideas? I don't see myself ever owning big horses 15.3 suits me beautifully. In fact smaller is good too. I'm only 5'1 and its so much easier to get on the littles!

Float may occasionally have my friends lager 16.2 TB in it but he's used to be ing squeezed in and I'm not spending more for another persons horse.

NorthernMama 09-24-2012 09:00 PM

If you think it sounds too small, then it probably is -- for you. You need to be comfortable with the size.

Have you had your horses in a trailer that is available for you to measure? If so, do that. It will give you a better idea.

I think it will be big enough as long as your horses load well.

Prinella 09-24-2012 11:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I've had a bit of a falling out with the woman whose float I normally use.
Prin is no issue for me I know she'll fit.

I'm just not sure what is a standard size.

Cat 09-24-2012 11:50 PM

If my calšulations are correct - that is less than 6.5 feet tall. Too short for a15.3 hand horse in my opinion. My trailer is 7 feet tall inside and it can still feel cramped for my husband's 15.3 draft cross. I'd try to avoid smaller.