The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Looking for trainer in Texas (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/looking-trainer-texas-138648/)

Kiara 09-24-2012 06:58 PM

Looking for trainer in Texas

Hi everyone, I was hoping I could get some help and recommendations from y'all. I moved to Texas not too long ago. Since then I have gotten a young, green TB mare. I have been doing her training myself, it's going great. I would like to get a trainer to help me. I don't want to send her off, as I want to be the main doing the training (love working with her). I would like for someone to meet with us at certain intervals and check in, see where we are at, what still needs to be done, maybe give me some pointers on other methods or maybe correct something I am not doing quite correct. I would also really like to find someone to put the first few rides on her. I have helped with green horses before, but never put the first rides on.

Location-wise I am looking in the area between New Braunfels and Buda, maybe a little further north.

I would prefer a trainer that teaches English or at least both, as that is the direction I will want to head with her later.

So, if there are any good trainers in that area, I would appreciate if you could let me know. I have been scouting the internet, but anyone can make themselves sound good on the internet. I am kind of looking for some recommendations from experience. If you could also include whether that trainer would be willing to come to me or have me come to them, I'd appreciate that too.

Thank you to anyone taking their time to help.

FaithCat 09-24-2012 09:42 PM

I am currently using a trainer for my horse. He is an incredible horseman and I highly recommend him! I know several people who have used him and all of them absolutely love him! However, he is primarily western. He is located in Baird, Texas.
Let me know if you're interested and I can message you his information.

Kiara 09-24-2012 10:09 PM

Thank you for answering!

Sadly, Baird is quite a ways from me. I live south of Austin :(

Kiara 09-25-2012 02:49 PM

Does he maybe know some other good trainers south of Austin?
Posted via Mobile Device

Janna 09-25-2012 03:24 PM

Too bad you're not closer to seguin. I know a lady that would be good.
There's also a trainer(I think),near me that does English.
I'm about 45 mins from Austin.

Kiara 09-25-2012 03:37 PM

Seguin is about 40 minutes from me. Does that trainer come to you or do you always have to trailer in? Does she teach English? It's not quite as close as I'd like, but for the right trainer I wouldn't mind 40 minutes.

Janna 09-25-2012 04:14 PM

you go to her
she does english or western

Kiara 09-25-2012 04:24 PM

Does she put first rides on greenies? Can you tell me anything else about her? If you'd rather pm me, that is fine.

Thank you!

Janna 09-25-2012 04:33 PM

i inboxed you

Kiara 09-25-2012 06:14 PM

Thank you!

If anyone knows about other good trainers as well, so I can see which one will work best for us, I'd appreciate it. I found some around Buda and Wimberley, though would like some personal recommendations if possible.