The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   2yr old filly, possible buy (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/2yr-old-filly-possible-buy-138763/)

OutOfTheLoop 09-25-2012 06:58 PM

2yr old filly, possible buy

So after buying my daughters pony, she dicided she didnt want it, so the pony is up for sale. I am thinking of replacing her with this little gal. Let me know what you think, and what you think her price tag should be.

She has been saddle broke, but never rode.

She has Western Pleasure bloodlines, but I have been dabbling with the idea of taking some english lessons, and am thinking she could possibly make a good future HUS prospect?

I dont have any confo pics, but I do have a video of her, WP Miss Gooddecision, I have also attatched a pic of her sire, and a video of her grandsire. I couldnt find anything on her dams side.

Tell me what you think.

Her pedigree

Wp Miss Gooddecision Quarter Horse

Her Grandsire

And Her sire

KQHBA - Zippos Good Decision

natisha 09-25-2012 07:17 PM

I'm sorry but besides her color, pretty face & disposition I can't say I like anything else about her.
Mainly her legs. I know she's young but she is already toe landing on the fronts, looks slightly 'off' & as far as I can tell she looks like she has pretty upright pasterns. Her way of moving has me thinking navicular sooner than later.
I could of course be wrong but I would suggest a full vet exam including x-rays, though at her age nothing may show up.
Sorry, I really tried to find positive things to say.

AlexS 09-25-2012 07:21 PM

She's a no go for me, I wouldn't even go and see her.

The poor girl certainly needs an upgraded home, her toes are just awful, but her pasterns are scary long.

OutOfTheLoop 09-25-2012 07:31 PM

Thanks guys. Its always good to have sets of eyes to look past the prettiness that you see at first glance lol. I'll pass on her and keep looking then! I'm in no hurry to buy, I ran across her owner today and he was telling me about her. I can dedinatly wait.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 09-25-2012 07:43 PM

She certainly is pretty. But it's so hard to tell if she is moving like that because she is walking on her tip toes or if it's because of how she is built, and her toes are not helping.

If you really like her, and she's cheap, maybe see if your farrier would go see her with you.

OutOfTheLoop 09-25-2012 07:48 PM

I doubt she would be " cheap" I could be wrong, but my Farrier lives over an hour away, and is busy enough as it is. With as many horses that are for sale, I think I can get by with not jumping on the first thing I see. If I search and don't find anything I might cone back to her and beg my Farrier to go lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 09-25-2012 09:09 PM

Sounds like a good plan!

Toymanator 09-25-2012 10:01 PM

What are you planning on using her for?

OutOfTheLoop 09-25-2012 10:17 PM

Trails, hus, jumps maybe. If I don't like the English, I would replace my old man in the sorting arena when the time cones. So whatever I get will have to be pretty versitile.
Posted via Mobile Device

Copperhead 09-25-2012 10:47 PM

I agree with everyone else...now really, I can't quite see how long her toes actually are, but I don't trust the angle. She's traveling off, something isn't right. And this is her sale video...a video that shows her at her best.

I'm not into over-analizing. I feel there are a ton of ill conformed horses that can do a perfectly well job. However, her hoof angle isn't good at all. Not even a little.

I'd look somewhere else.