The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Suggestion For Finding Stables!! HELP! PLZ! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/suggestion-finding-stables-help-plz-13912/)

horseluvr95 08-25-2008 10:10 PM

Suggestion For Finding Stables!! HELP! PLZ!

I (my family) cannot afford a horse or even for me to take lessons!! I want sooo badly to take lessons!!!! Have any suggestions?

PoptartShop 08-25-2008 11:09 PM

Hm, maybe you could go to a local stable & ask if they need any helping out? ;) If so, then maybe they will let you work & then you can save up enough for lessons. Or, they could give you lessons from working.

kickshaw 08-25-2008 11:13 PM

if your local YMCA has a horse program, i highly sugget volunteering.

Local stables that offer riding lessons to the public are also a great place to start

plan on working hard and not getting to ride at first - show them your committed and a hard worker, then the riding will come :)

claireauriga 08-26-2008 06:29 AM

I was in your situation for a very long time - no lessons no matter how desperately I wanted to be around horses. From the age of eight or nine to thirteen, all I had were toy horses and books. I read everything I could get my hands on.

I'm nineteen now and I've been riding under my own steam, with my own money, for a few months. So don't give up - even if it's not possible for you to ride right now, it will be in time :)

iridehorses 08-26-2008 07:34 AM

As PoptartShop suggested, asking to help at a local stable is an excellent way to learn about horses. Learning from the ground up and not just getting on a horse really is the proper way. Learning about horses not just riding them makes the difference between being horseman or just a rider.

kitten_Val 08-26-2008 07:51 AM

Rescues! They'll love to have your help. Also number of barns in my area exchange help (feeding, grooming, mucking) for lessons. Check your local "horsey" papers.

horseluvr95 08-27-2008 10:51 AM

thanks...!!!

I will try some of those ideas!! Does anyone else have any more?

kitten_Val 08-27-2008 12:58 PM

In fact the trail riding barns around me train people to lead trail rides so you can ride plus they may pay you little. I did it for while (rode any horse I wanted for free). However I could ride (wasn't a total beginner :) ).

horseluvr95 08-27-2008 02:36 PM

great idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val
In fact the trail riding barns around me train people to lead trail rides so you can ride plus they may pay you little. I did it for while (rode any horse I wanted for free). However I could ride (wasn't a total beginner :) ).

Sounds like an awesome idea. I will look into that.... Though I have never rode before, I could probably take a couple lessons just to learn it... Maybe... idk.