The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Racing in Bob Marshall Treeless (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/racing-bob-marshall-treeless-139143/)

MT2012 09-29-2012 09:11 PM

Racing in Bob Marshall Treeless

Hey guys I have been trying out a Bob Marshall (older style) treeless saddle. I love the way it holds me in, but when I ran with it my feet came out of the stirrups. Also, It seems I can't get it tight enough so that when I get it on it doesn't slide to the side. When I sit down it seems to settle right though. Mostly, it stays well but I tried it again loping circles around a barrel and I felt like I couldn't stay centered and the saddle moves to the side.

So, anyone have solutions or suggestions? I thought maybe a different pad would help? I don't want to buy a ton of stuff and then not even keep the saddle though. Any advice would be great! I am running tomorrow and thinking that I might just run in my Double J Pro instead, but I love the way the treeless feels! My horse seems to run better in it as well....meh....?

GrittyCowgirl 09-29-2012 09:36 PM

I know there are tons of threads on this over at barrelhorseworld.com. You may try searching under bob marshall.

BarrelRacer23 09-29-2012 09:49 PM

When I bought my treeless I was told a felt/wool pad and girth for more grip. And thats what I use and it has never slipped on me, I have a tammy fischer not a bob marshal.
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 10-07-2012 08:37 PM

Have you ever done your exercises bareback? It could very well be YOU and not the saddle!:)

GrittyCowgirl 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoRoX87 (Post 1710409)
Have you ever done your exercises bareback? It could very well be YOU and not the saddle!:)

Not always true... I know there have been many other girls that have had the same problem. It all depends on the horses build, pad and cinch they were using.

GrittyCowgirl 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

Viewing a thread - Best saddle pad for Bob Marshall

BarrelRacingLvr 10-07-2012 10:15 PM

A few questions....what pad are you using? How thick? And what style and type of cinch are you using?