The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Opinions on this guy? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/opinions-guy-139198/)

usandpets 09-30-2012 03:01 PM

Opinions on this guy?

9 yr old Quarter Horse

He has bucked the last three riders off. Two were from spooking and one from getting manhandled.

waresbear 09-30-2012 03:13 PM

He looks fine in the picture, overweight too. He needs a re-training program for sure.

usandpets 09-30-2012 04:31 PM

Yes he is obese.

I'm not concerned about the bucking part. I can and will handle that. I was wondering about his bloodlines, if they are good, decent or not anything mentionable. Also, with the description, is he worth that amount?
Posted via Mobile Device

usandpets 09-30-2012 04:35 PM

I don't have any more info except the add and about the bucking issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 09-30-2012 04:38 PM

His bloodlines are not bad and he's got decent conformation. The price sounds fair, however i would offer a bit less. $2200 is usually a price people ask to give themselves room to go down.

usandpets 09-30-2012 05:23 PM

The price isn't an issue. I might get him, at a small cost, train/work his kinks out, and sell him in the spring, when there should be more buyers looking.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 10-01-2012 04:11 PM

Bucking off 3 people and 6 months of professional dressage training? Frankly I doubt the latter is true (or something is really wrong with his tack or back). Also price is too high for the obese bucker IMHO.

usandpets 10-01-2012 05:04 PM

Like I said, I don't know all the info. My wife talked to the gal who is selling him, while I was sleeping. Then she relayed the info when I woke up. I still haven't talked to the gal firsthand.

One of the buck offs was when they unloaded the horse and immediately saddled the horse for a cattle ride. I don't know if vehicles went by or the cattle took off running or if another horse spooked first and he followed suit. My wife wasn't exactly clear what happened.

The last was pretty clear. A drunk cowboy said he could fix it and hopped on. He tried to manhandle the horse. Since he was drunk, that might have been the cause that he came off. However, I do not know if all three buck offs happened the same day or over some time.

Still waiting to hear back from the seller. She was suppose to call yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device

nikelodeon79 10-01-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usandpets (Post 1702250)
The price isn't an issue. I might get him, at a small cost, train/work his kinks out, and sell him in the spring, when there should be more buyers looking.
Posted via Mobile Device

$2200 isn't a small cost in todays horse market... I certainly wouldn't expect to flip a horse at that price for profit, even if you wait until spring to sell.
Posted via Mobile Device

usandpets 10-01-2012 05:12 PM

Just to add, I may be wrong about it being the LAST three riders. That may have happened before the dressage training. I don't know.

I have tried to call her but she is out of state right now.
Posted via Mobile Device