The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   What do you think of Truffels' conformation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-think-truffels-conformation-139204/)

equinluvr 09-30-2012 03:39 PM

What do you think of Truffels' conformation

3 Attachment(s)
Please give me your input. Also note that I have the farrier coming out this week to trim her hooves. I never had a horse grow hooves out so fast and they are rock hard....

I tried to get decent shots but being a nice krisp and damp morning she was more interested in her pasture buddies charging around out in pasture.

Attachment 113688

Attachment 113689

Attachment 113690

lilruffian 09-30-2012 04:54 PM

Not a bad shoulder
Short cannons but front legs look good otherwise. Pasterns are quite upright
Back is borderline long
Steep slope to her croup and rather oval hindquarters
Hard to judge the back legs without her standing square but nothing appears to be seriously off with their structure.

JustWingIt 09-30-2012 05:11 PM

I don't know anything about conformation. But she is adorable! :)

equinluvr 09-30-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustWingIt (Post 1702237)
I don't know anything about conformation. But she is adorable! :)

Thank you justwingit! She loves her humans however she is a boss mare from hell to the other horses. Almost bi-polar that way. lol Just ads to her character. :lol:

Plains Drifter 09-30-2012 05:17 PM

She's adorable. What breed is she? Age?

equinluvr 09-30-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plains Drifter (Post 1702242)
She's adorable. What breed is she? Age?

To the best of my knowledge she is an Icelandic cross. She's 9yrs old. For the last few years she was used as companion to a donkey and something for the previous owners' grandchildren to dote on.

FeatheredFeet 09-30-2012 06:38 PM

Pretty little head and ears. She seems ewe-necked and her neck is also a bit short. Strange, but she looks pigeon-toed in front and I think, toes out in the rear. Definitely needs some good farrier work, to correct her feet.

Very steep croup, which is a common fault in many Shetlands and Minis, if she is a mix or one of those, as I tend to feel. That goes along with her low set tail.

She has rather short pasterns. I'd also like to see more rear on her. This is, more length from point of hip to point of buttock. Another very common fault in Minis and Shetlands.

Can't see the pic while writing this, so it's all I can remember of her.

I do think she's a pretty colour. Obviously not breeding quality, but should make a very attractive driving horse. Try to tame that mane and let it all grow out. She obviously grows hair very well. If it becomes too thick to tame, just trim a bit from underneath. You can trim straggly ends of her tail, straight across, until it all grows out the same length.

Lizzie