The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Here are my horses.....and donkey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/here-my-horses-donkey-139264/)

alexis rose 10-01-2012 12:35 AM

Here are my horses.....and donkey

1 Attachment(s)
Phar Lap is my baby. He is a 7 year old Appaloosa that I fell head over heels for. The guy I got him from tried to talk me out of buying him because he is "too big for a girl." But we have really bonded and I don't know what I would without him. Every time I go on a ride somebody is trying to buy him and this boy is in his home for the rest of his life. :-)

alexis rose 10-01-2012 12:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
When I bought Phar Lap I got his mom and the guy's donkey as a package deal. I had no idea what I was going to do with the other two because his mom Shadow is very old and was very skinny. Don't let this old girl fool you! She is full of spunk and has the biggest heart! I love her to death!

alexis rose 10-01-2012 12:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And then there is Stubbs that was totally wild. But him and my daughter Jaydyn have really bonded and play with each other for hours. I never thought I would get so attached to a donkey. He is pretty darn cute!

csimkunas6 10-01-2012 12:20 PM

What a deal that was! Great photos! Very pretty package deal you got there, your daughter and the donkey are adorable, love the pic of him with the bucket!

Speed Racer 10-01-2012 12:32 PM

I can certainly see momma Shadow's Appytude! :-P

That donkey and your daughter are just too stinkin' cute! :happydance:

alexis rose 10-01-2012 12:53 PM

Thank you! My daughter will start talking about her donkey and get tears in her eyes. She just loves him that much. I always wanted to get her a pony and never expected her and Stubbs to bond that closely. I am sure glad they did though.

And Shadow definitely has an Appytude. She rules the pasture!

Speed Racer 10-01-2012 01:15 PM

Awww, that's so sweet about your daughter and her donkey. One of these days I'd like to own a longears myself, but I want either a mule or a mammoth donkey.

How tall is Phar Lap? You said his previous owner didn't want to sell him to you because he's 'too tall fer a woman'. Silly man! Doesn't he know that some of us ride behemoth 18 h horses?

Golden Horse 10-01-2012 01:22 PM

Looks like you got a fantastic ready made herd all at once there, love all of them but Stubbs (great name) is just hell cute

tinyliny 10-01-2012 01:37 PM

What a happy scene! The donkey is almost as cute as your daughter! Wait, is that a compliment? not sure, but it's meant to be one.

alexis rose 10-01-2012 07:12 PM

I think Phar Lap is 15.2. I am not really sure. I am only 5'3 and 110 pounds so he is big for me.

Thanks for the compliments! We sure love our little herd. :-) And I definitely think Jaydyn being as cute as the donkey is a compliment! He is a cute little guy with a great personality.