The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unthinkable Happened Today

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Poco1220 
#1 ·
I heard devastating news today. The barn I have ridden at for 5 years and love so much has been bought out. The owners said they are getting to old and have no life due to the barn so they had no choice. He meet with every boarder privately in his office. I didnt go since I was riding and it was a good thing because when I heard the new when my dad told me on our way home I busted into tears. It has been bought out of P.A.L.S. A handicap riding facility. We are aloud to stay but I know most of the people I have grown to love will leave not because of fact of handicap riders but due to not being able to bare the fact that they go to the barn and not see Heather and Toby leading in their horses but some stranger or not seaing their son cash riding his bike around the barns parking lot. I am crying just writing this. We have no where else to go and I, just like the other boards, dont want to see someone new. Or the barn not being Turners Arena and Stables. Any other place is to expensive. The only good thing is is that if the Tuners decide to sell their horses my dad said we may be able to buy their pony, Dollar. It saddens me to see them go, but it may bring a new beginning maybe a better barn? Better management? I dont even though if I will be able to jump with the handicap kids their, which is a problem. It is a huge shock to the entire barn, wondering what will come next.

I will keep you guys updated as much as I can. I cant write anymore, it saddens me to much to think of not seeing the three everyday.

Emily.

See less See more
#2 ·
I totally understand. My junior year of high school I joined the national guard and went away for basic training. I was gone 8 weeks. When I came back I found out the barn I boarded at was no more. The owner who was like another grandfather to me had a heart attack, moved out of state, an put the farm up for sale. It had already sold and was under new management when I got back. I was in complete disbelief.
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
We recently got a handful of new boarders at my barn due to a situation like that. The boarders were given 30 days' notice that the stable had been sold and is being converted into a storage facility for motorcycles and other smaller vehicles, so they had no choice but to leave.

#5 ·
Life is full of unexpected changes.....some of it good and some of it bad.

I'm not sure this is a bad thing, you still get to board your horse there so try to keep an open mind, give it a chance and just see how it works out.

#7 ·
If you have the attitude of the new owners not working out for you, its not going to. Why not think positive about this? Be happy for the old owners that they are doing what is best for them in this situation. Yes, its sad they wont be at the barn everyday, but part of growing up is realizing that people sometimes need to make hard decisions and do what they feel they need to. Plus, who knows, you might actually like the new owners once you get to know them. They are aware that they have a barn with boarders who have a lot of questions for them. Take the change in stride.

#8 ·
You need to give these new people a chance. Remember for every door that closes a new one opens. We see this with tourist camps whenever one changes hands. Part of the old business was the familiarity and some of the old, long time customers wouldn't return. You may find yourself sharing the joy of handicapped riders as they ride.

#9 ·
I will say one thing here. Judging from your posts you're on the younger side. These handicapped riding facilities take a LOT of volunteers to make the programs run. Use that to your advantage! Take some time to volunteer, lead horses, get horses ready for classes, side walk, etc. This kind of stuff looks incredible on college applications and job resumes! You never know you might end up wanting to be a NARHA instructor when you grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.