The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Pinterest Anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/pinterest-anyone-139877/)

Whisper22 10-07-2012 07:36 PM

Pinterest Anyone?

1 Attachment(s)
I thought this might be fun. Lately I've become addicted to Pinterest and have a million projects I'm just itching to get done. I hate blogging, so I don't want to share my projects that way, but since most of them are rustic or chabby chic decor ideas, I thought they would be more appreciated here. I will also be sharring recipes I've tried and whether or not they turned out.

I would also like to hear from others who have a project they would like to share, or that has gone horribly wrong lol. There's actually a website called Pintrosity, where people have tried ideas off of Pinterest and they didn't quite turn out, it's too funny.

It doesn't necessarily have to be off of Pinterest either. If you have something you're just really proud of, I would love to see it.

So here's a project I just finished which will soon be part of a bigger project.
This is a sign I saw on Pinterest that originally said "Life without dogs... I don't think so.", but that just wouldn't do for me. I painted the wood using a crackle paint method with elmers glue and normal acrylic paint. I will never do this again, it was a huge pita. The vinyl letter part, not the painting, I literally want to crackle paint everything.

This will be hung in my (very small) front living room, where I keep my saddle and will be transforming into a country, rustic, chabby chic... you get the picture room.

Whisper22 10-07-2012 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also made this chicken recipe. While I don't consider myself an amazing cook on my own, I am perfectly capable of following a recipe, understanding it, and have it come out the way it's supposed to. I do believe that is what happened in this case, I just couldn't choke it down. It was NOT good, although my husband ate his, I immediately made my kids macaroni and cheese, there was no way they would touch this chicken.

My chicken even came out looking like the picture. The sauce you cook it in is maple syrup, dijon mustard, and rice vinegar. The taste was all mustard and vinegar. I craved something more sweet, but what I got was bitter. Oh well.

CLaPorte432 10-07-2012 08:30 PM

893 Attachment(s)
That picture is awesome!

And Pinterest...*dreamy sigh* It's WAYYYY too addicting. But I LOVE it! If only I was creative. ;-)

LizNicole520 10-18-2012 04:33 PM

I'm going to be making a number of halloween dishes for my son's class party and my work party. I got them all from Pinterest [That I'm on atleast an hour a day!!]. I'll post pictures soon!

Failbhe 10-19-2012 02:17 PM

Pinterest is awesome. At first I spent way too much time on it, but the novelty kind of wore off and now I usually just check what my friends have pinned lately or else search for specific things. So many good recipes and craft ideas/tutorials!

Super handy to keep track of things too - I'll pin different products I'm thinking about and then when I look at my Pinterest board it's easy to see them side by side and compare.

I do find it a little odd/creepy when complete strangers comment on my pins, though.

MHFoundation Quarters 10-19-2012 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love, love, love the sign Whisper!

I have pinned a ton of things, haven't had time to do any projects (perhaps I should spend less time on HF?) but have a bunch I want to. I have found & used a ton of recipes. I've currently been pinning cupcakes with my kiddo, she will be doing mini cake decorating for her mini 4-H project next summer. I think she likes pinterest more than I do, we've pinned treehouses she wants DH to build, backyard water parks (haha as if that will ever happen), and other random kid crafts.

I told myself I wouldn't share this because I am so not an artist, but what the heck. My kiddo wanted me to repaint her picnic table. We went to Ace on free paint Saturday and I let her pick what she wanted, it is what you would think a 7 year old girl might pick. Wouldn't have been my first choice but I worked with what I was dealt.

I didn't take finished pics, I did the other seat and cleaned up the lines on all of it. She likes it so that's good enough for me :-)
Attachment 115661

barrelbeginner 10-19-2012 02:36 PM

CHicken...

made

me

hungry

must find something

to eat:)

Whisper22 10-20-2012 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MH, love the table. I am so not the freehand painter type, I think you did a great job.

I made this chicken the other night and it was one of the best things I've ever tasted, that was made in my kitchen anyway. I recommend having a helper, so one person can coat the chicken pieces while the other fries them. I didn't and it took a ridiculously long time. Two of my kids fell asleep before it was ready.