The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Post pictures of your schooling show outfits! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/post-pictures-your-schooling-show-outfits-139926/)

MelissaAnn 10-08-2012 11:25 AM

Post pictures of your schooling show outfits!

Hey everyone! Post pictures of your schooling show outfits!
I am going to be in my second school show next week and just curious as to what the latest trends are in the english world.
I am planning on wearing tall black boots, tan breeches, belt, and a polo. But what should I wear on top of the polo when it's chilly? A sweater? Do most people wear earrings? What do I do with my long hair for a schooling show? Post pictures of your schooling show outifts! I can't find any on pinterest! :-)

MangoRoX87 10-08-2012 11:27 AM

I don't do much English, but put your hair in a braid, pony tail or bun.

Don't go crazy with earrings, nothing more than a small diamond like stud:)
Posted via Mobile Device

heymckate 10-08-2012 11:30 AM

I did a schooling show yesterday. I did gray breeches, tall black boots, a navy polo, and just braided my hair down my back.

It ended up being frickin' cold though, so I added a thin, fitted light blue jacket. Most people were dressed similarly to me with fitted jackets. I saw a few hunt coats, but not many.

MelissaAnn 10-09-2012 10:29 AM

So I have pretty long hair, you are saying it's okay to leave it in a single braid down my back? I am okay with being casual, I just dont want to be "that girl". :D Thanks for your help, you guys!

heymckate 10-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaAnn (Post 1712150)
So I have pretty long hair, you are saying it's okay to leave it in a single braid down my back? I am okay with being casual, I just dont want to be "that girl". :D Thanks for your help, you guys!

I have super long hair, and I just did one braid down my back! I only saw a handful of people with hairnets and the whole shebang.

Worst case, bring a hairnet or two with you. Braid your hair. If you don't see anyone else doing that, then toss your hair in the hairnet and call it good. :)

Live2Ride15 10-09-2012 05:38 PM

I have incredibly long hair too. I used to braid it down my back then put it in my helmet but then it got to long so I just put it in a bun like thing at the base of my head.

MelissaAnn 10-10-2012 09:26 AM

thanks for your help, guys!

justashowmom 10-11-2012 04:31 PM

First, make sure that casual attire is approved for the show. If so, then boots, tan breeches, polo and helmet are fine. Put your hair up in your helmet for hunters - it counts!! Don't forget to wear gloves. If it is chilly, you can add a sweater or wear a long sleeve polo. It's all about neatness. The picture on my profile is from a local schooling show.