The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Her Conformation for Barrel Racing, Please? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-her-conformation-barrel-racing-please-139972/)

poundinghooves 10-08-2012 09:10 PM

Critique Her Conformation for Barrel Racing, Please?

2 Attachment(s)
She's a 13 year old (dark) bay Thoroughbred. Doesn't have the height of a Thoroughbred though. More the size and build of a Quarter Horse. She's not registered. She's a professionaly trained barrel horse. I won't be doing big-time barrel racing with her, just local shows and stuff and although I would like to win sometimes, :D, I'm not going to be super-competitive. Could you just critique her confirmation as a barrel horse? These are all the pics I have. It kind of looks like her body slopes downward in the second pic but I think she's standing on unlevel ground? I'm not good at confirmation AT ALL! So any help or input is greatly appreciated :)

natisha 10-08-2012 09:32 PM

Do you own her or are you thinking of buying?

poundinghooves 10-08-2012 09:35 PM

Thinking of buying her :)

natisha 10-09-2012 04:02 PM

I guess if she's a trained barrel horse & likes it then she'd be good for that.
I do see an enlargement on her left rear pastern area that could be a concern for soundness. Have a vet check her before you buy as no matter how well she is trained she needs to be sound.

BarrelRacingLvr 10-09-2012 07:29 PM

We need actual conformation photos which are side shots, front shot and back shot without tack.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiilaa 10-09-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natisha (Post 1712522)
I do see an enlargement on her left rear pastern area that could be a concern for soundness. Have a vet check her before you buy as no matter how well she is trained she needs to be sound.

That enlargement actually looks like the hoof on her right hind :lol:

natisha 10-10-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiilaa (Post 1712904)
That enlargement actually looks like the hoof on her right hind :lol:

Yeah, it could be.