The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Our 2 new OTTB's (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/our-2-new-ottbs-140217/)

rlr21791 10-11-2012 02:46 PM

Our 2 new OTTB's

5 Attachment(s)
The two new thoroughbred's that I traded for my barrel mare.
The first two pictures are my boyfriends gelding, Titan. The second two are my mare, Stardust.

lilruffian 10-11-2012 02:49 PM

Good looking horses! Best of luck with them :)

Speed Racer 10-11-2012 02:56 PM

Other than the obvious genitalia difference, how do you tell them apart? :wink:

Glad you got the horses you wanted. Hope they're everything you want them to be. :D

rlr21791 10-11-2012 03:33 PM

Thanks guys =]

I love that we have matching horses, but it is kinda a pain if they are out in the pasture. When they are by each other or up closer, Titan is a good hand taller so it's easy to pick him out.
So far they are both amazing. I've actually ridden Titan probably a dozen times before and he is a real nice horse, we just have to work on his Whoa. Stardust on the other hand is absolutely amazing. If I didn't know better, I would assume she was a 20 year old trail veteran.
Now our only hurdles are to get them both a little fattened up and to find saddles that fit their high withers. My saddle sits on her withers and I know that has to be uncomfortable.

Speed Racer 10-11-2012 03:55 PM

You'll find that more often than not, that TBs are pretty easy going horses. I know, I know, that doesn't fit with their 'hot and crazy' stereotype, but it's true.

I have an 8 y/o ex-racer TB who is the quietest, easiest going horse I've ever owned. He's only going to get more quiet and easy going the older he gets, too. I'll bet yours will be the same way.

rlr21791 10-11-2012 03:59 PM

Yea I think that's true. The gelding is 8 years old and the mare is 7. The gelding was off track in 2008 and the mare 2009. Neither one of them had been ridden prior to me riding them since they were on the track. The first ride, they were both ten times better than my very highly trained barrel mare who is 15 and has been on trails for the last few years.

HorseLovinLady 10-11-2012 10:17 PM

Very nice horses!! Also welcome to the forum!