The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Racehorse Costume...for a dog! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/racehorse-costume-dog-140255/)

Lexiie 10-11-2012 07:03 PM

Racehorse Costume...for a dog!

1 Attachment(s)
So, this is what I want to do with my dog, but in green. My little sister will be walking him with our barn in the parade.

Anyone have ideas as to how to do this? I want to hear how you would do it or what you would use.

I want as many ideas in my head as possible!

Lexiie 10-13-2012 09:58 PM

any body?

redpony 10-13-2012 10:17 PM

I would use felt to make the "saddle" and "blanket, black elastic for the "girth". I believe Walmart has 12"x12" felt squares that may work depending on the size of your dog. You may want to double or fill the "blanket". And, I'm sorry but I have no idea for the head piece :/
Posted via Mobile Device

Lexiie 10-13-2012 10:18 PM

I'm not too worried about the head piece, I'll probably just make him a little halter (: haha
Thanks!!

redpony 10-13-2012 10:19 PM

Also, make a pattern for the blanket and saddle by cutting a paper bag to fit to your dog
Posted via Mobile Device

Paintlover1965 10-13-2012 10:24 PM

Sorry, no ideas but I really like the costume idea. Super cute!

CowboysDream 10-14-2012 09:36 AM

For the red head thing I would use a tshirt and sew it up however I needed it.

Saddle Pad: I'd use felt or maybe a sweatshirt (since its heavier)

Girth: black shirt or a black elastic belt if you can find one.

Saddle: maybe some flexible cardboard/cardstock. Or you might be able to find something leather for cheap at a thrift store. The one I used to work at often had leather pants that would probably work. Then just cut it however you want.

Sew the saddle pad to the saddle and the girth to the saddle maybe? You could make a buckle thing to tighten it.

To hold it all together it looks like they used yarn, black rope or shoe lace. You might need hole protectors or whatever they are (the silver rings that help reinforce the hole so the fabric doesnt rip or stretch around it).

So yah all that stuff you could get at a thrift store :)

Lexiie 10-14-2012 09:48 AM

Started working on this last night..
slight change of plans, he's going to be western!!

My sister has a little western saddle that went with her american girl doll..

It is too funny