The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (
-   -   Laws for traveling cross country with my horse (

apptrailrider 10-12-2012 09:39 PM

Laws for traveling cross country with my horse
I live in Kentucy and am trying to find out what paperwork I need to travel cross country. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture as an Equine Passport good for 12 months in-state and 6 months in certain other states. I know there is a passport for 6 western states as well. What about traveling through those states not listed on either of these passports? Where do I find the laws for transporting my horse through those states?:-(

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 10-12-2012 10:06 PM

I think you need coggins health cert and a brand inspection and every 30days your out of state you need to stop by a vet's and get all three of those updated.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0