The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   do you get jelous over a horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/do-you-get-jelous-over-horse-140360/)

Librahorsegal 10-12-2012 09:28 PM

do you get jelous over a horse?

There is this grey tb gelding that is in the same field as my horse. He came to the barn march 2006. This boy bought him to do jumpers on him. He was alot of fun to watch. the boy did a good job on him.

The boy owned him for a short time. Then he sold him to the trainer. So she was using him as an advance lesson horse. My sister even got to ride him. She did jumpers on him.

Then a few years went by and the horse sat without a job to do.

This summer...my sister came up from NoLa to ride. My trainer let her ride the grey tb.

My sister only rode him once this summer. So hes been sitting in the field since then.

Ive been dieing to ride this horse. When i saw my sister ride him,he was going to slowly and looked really comfy to ride. :)

When i ask my trainer if i can ride him...she will say *oh.. jax hasnt been ridden in a long time...so he would probably be crazy* So thats a no.. :(

There is this rider at the barn who is ready to move up to another horse...but at the same time..she gets nervous when she rides/jumps. So im not sure why shes moving up to another horse. My trainer is thinking of putting her on the grey.

I dont think shes going to buy him. Just ride him in her lessons. I love this horse alot and i want to ride him. So maybe after i watch this person ride him and see how it goes..i'll ask the trainer if i can ride him as well.

I miss riding horses who move forword. :oops:

So i guess i get a little jelous when i see my barn buddies riding these horses and i cant. Do you guys get jelous like that? what do you do?

EvilHorseOfDoom 10-12-2012 09:32 PM

TBH a TB who's been sitting in a field for a while is generally full of beans for the first few weeks back in work. Most of them have extraordinary amounts of energy - just as soon as you think they must be worn out they're ready to go again. I agree with your trainer, not something that you want to be dealing with. It won't just be forward but sideways and spinning and up and down too :lol:

Speed Racer 10-12-2012 09:34 PM

It appears as if your instructor doesn't think you're experienced enough to ride this boy, for whatever reason.

If you ask again and she tells you no, you should ask her very politely what it is that she thinks you need to accomplish so you can eventually ride him.