The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   saddle fitting for the fifth time (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-fitting-fifth-time-140442/)

toosexy4myspotz 10-13-2012 10:58 PM

saddle fitting for the fifth time

nothing fits i swear. chey is 4 1/2 years old according to the vets and apparently has big shoulders with a lot of movement. this is the fifth time we have had her fitted and still no good results. everything seems to ride her shoulders causing her to buck going downhill and that is noo fun. i am kind of lost because even her custom saddle does this. i have tried every saddle i own and every saddle within a hundred mile radius of my house. if i set the saddle where it is suppose to be or sit comfortable my girth ends up being too far back. if i line the girth up properly the darn saddle is on her shoulders. i love the fact she has a lot of action in her front legs and she can easily pick her feet up past her chest but i can't get a stinking saddle off her scapula. they always seem to put her in a bind. does anybody have any ideas that maybe i am missing?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rachel1786 10-13-2012 11:16 PM

I may be totally off base here, but would a crupper help?

toosexy4myspotz 10-13-2012 11:43 PM

i will try and take pictures tomorrow so you can see what im talking about. its like the area in which her back allows a saddle to fit is too short for any saddle. it either rides her shoulders or sits way too far past her last rib. i will take pictures with the custom saddle she has. its like i need an extremely petite saddle however with the gaiTed saddles they make they sit up higher which gives great clearence to her shoulders her spine everything but chey is very 'round' so to speak for a gaited horse and you can tighten the girth as tight as possible and you can literally turn the saddle all the way around under her stomach.
Posted via Mobile Device

toosexy4myspotz 10-13-2012 11:45 PM

also, if a saddle sits too high up on her back like some of the gaited saddles do she turns into a bucking bronco quicker than you can get your foot in the sturrip.
Posted via Mobile Device

toosexy4myspotz 10-13-2012 11:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
these pictures are from last week i don't know if you can tell anything from them just figured i would post them anyway.

SouthernTrails 10-14-2012 12:18 AM

It would be nice to get pics of the closest fitting saddle on her without a pad.

Also can you list the names and model numbers of some of the saddles you have tried?

toosexy4myspotz 10-14-2012 12:25 AM

i will get good pictures of her tomorrow and i have alist of saddles in the barn that i have tried as well as the different trees. a lot of the makers you may have too look up cause i now have three supposedly custom saddles for her that all but one are sitting in the tack shop to be sold. we have ten other saddle that we don't even use that don't even come close
Posted via Mobile Device

Chevaux 10-14-2012 01:39 AM

subbing

LoveMyDrummerBoy 10-14-2012 01:52 AM

I don't know what kind of saddle you are looking for, but I know that in some type of english saddles, you can get the pommel cut back. I forget what its called so I'm probably no help, but that might get your girth in the right place while still fitting her short back.

toosexy4myspotz 10-14-2012 02:02 AM

to be honest with you i wish i rode English sometimes but in all honesty i have never even sat in an English saddle
Posted via Mobile Device