The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   8 year old qh mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/8-year-old-qh-mare-140502/)

horsepower 10-14-2012 04:43 PM

8 year old qh mare

3 Attachment(s)
Does anyone want to do a critique on my mare? You wont hurt my feelings...we use her for trail riding. My daughter might show her in 4H.
Thanks!

Attachment 115184

Attachment 115185

Attachment 115186

LovesMyDunnBoy 10-14-2012 05:19 PM

I'm personally having a hard time finding something I don't like about her! Maybe posty in the hind legs? And her pasterns are short and upright, gorgeous girl!
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 10-14-2012 05:39 PM

Not much to say, honestly. Head looks a little too petite for her body but apart from that she is a very well put together horse ;)

Tianimalz 10-14-2012 05:44 PM

****, now THAT is a solid and good horse! Looks like something that can handle whatever you need her to do, lovely mare.

Elana 10-14-2012 06:15 PM

I like this horse as a represntative of her breed EXCEPT for her front legs. She is light in bone and tied in at the knee and her pasterns are very upright. She might use a slightly longer hip.. but that is slicing hairs.

In the photo from behind it also looks like her hind hoof walls flare out which may indicate she has thin walled feet insufficient for her body weight.

Nice horse.

LovesMyDunnBoy 10-14-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 1719074)
I like this horse as a represntative of her breed EXCEPT for her front legs. She is light in bone and tied in at the knee and her pasterns are very upright. She might use a slightly longer hip.. but that is slicing hairs.

In the photo from behind it also looks like her hind hoof walls flare out which may indicate she has thin walled feet insufficient for her body weight.

Nice horse.

I was also thinking I'd like to see her with some heavier bone :)
Posted via Mobile Device

horsepower 10-14-2012 06:25 PM

Thank you for your comments. I really learn alot from these conformation threads. I realized she has very upright pasterns, I have a harder time recognizing when someone says a horse is "light in bone". Can someone point me in the direction to pictures showing a horse with adequate leg bone structure? Still very much learning. I really appreciate the critique!

xxxxxxxxSocalgirl 10-14-2012 08:52 PM

She looks perfect to me! Gorgeous, and well put together.