The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Miss Me jeans - I don't get it (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/miss-me-jeans-i-dont-get-140587/)

Tessa7707 10-15-2012 12:25 PM

Miss Me jeans - I don't get it

So, most girls my age (20's) ride in Miss Me's. I have tried on a few pairs and I really don't get what all the fuss is about. They look incredibly uncomfortable to ride in with all the bling and bedazzling. Plus, they really don't make my booty look THAT good- not as good as my wrangler Q-baby's. My husband says he far prefers the look of the Q-baby's over the Miss Me's. Plus they're usually half the price. Why are Miss Me's all the rage???

Speed Racer 10-15-2012 12:27 PM

It's a fad. Fads always cost more money that just 'regular' stuff. It'll eventually go away.

waresbear 10-15-2012 01:15 PM

I consider those brands more of a streetwear although they are comfortable to ride in. I scout the sales rack & found some for $50. I wear Qbaby's strictly for riding, but I wear Miss Me & Rock & Roll Cowgirls for streetwear, but I have riidden in them, just to test the theory, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lockwood 10-15-2012 01:26 PM

I recently went by a small feed/tack shop in my area that I rarely go to because I was looking for a very specific product. Was going right by the place and thought… well it wouldn’t hurt to check.
The owner is a….uh…..ummm…. mature woman to whom life has not been very kind.
She had on a pair and it definitely was not a nice thing to see. Not only was the pocket flap cover completely covered in sparkly stones, the entire pocket itself glowed like a sparkly neon sign. There was so much hardware back there I thought she might fall over backwards! :shock:

To me, there is just something completely wrong with subjecting (terrorizing) your customers with that at a place of buisiness!
They looked horribly uncomfortable as well as being something that really should just be worn in say... social situations or photo shoots.

Of course, when I asked for the product I was looking for (high quality item) she took it upon herself to loudly lecture me about said product so she could sell me one of her own crappy products. It almost became a bedazzled mess because my fingers were itching to wring her sparkly little neck. And to boot… she had no clue what she was talking about and was trying to sell me a product that could have made my horse sick.

Delfina 10-15-2012 02:12 PM

Just like any other fad... looks cute on some, others not so much.

There's also the hubby factor to consider.... last night he told me my new jeans make me look like I was 13 (regular, plain ol jeans! No bling whatsoever...) not sure if he meant that as a compliment or what.... and I wasn't about to ask.

SorrelHorse 10-15-2012 02:16 PM

I love my Miss Me's, but I don't appreciate getting roped into fads.

The ones I have I use at barrel races because I enjoy blinding people in the sunlight (My tack sets agree with me)

I find them wonderfully comfortable actually. I have a pair of Q-babies for everyday riding but I actually prefer to Miss Me's. It may very well just be my body type too, I feel that they fit me very well and that I look good in them. However I also know everyone is in love with Silver jeans too, but those don't fit me right.

It's all up to the individual. :)

DrumRunner 10-15-2012 02:34 PM

I looove mine.

In my area it's mainly the barrel racers, like myself, that wear them.. it's a brand thing and the bling adds to it..We runners are all about bling.. I love my Miss Me's, they do fit me a LOT better than other jeans. I'm built tiny with long legs so I have to have little wasits and a long leg length, I usually can only wear American Eagle jeans because they carry the 00 long, which fit, e better than ANY other jean I've worn.. I just show in my Miss Me's.. It is a fad but I don't see it going away. There are a good bit of other brands out there like the Miss Me's that runners wear, they just don't fit me as well as the Miss Me's. The Qbaby jeans and others dont fit as well as the Miss Me's either..

farmpony84 10-15-2012 03:01 PM

I think the miss me's are pretty (I love bling). I've looked at them several times but I love my wranglers so I normally stick to them... I actually ordered a super cute pair from Rods about a month ago (Farm Girl Gracie Jeans) but after I went through everything and entered all my info and hit order... it came back as back-ordered so gosh knows when I'll get them and I don't even know if they'll fit!

nikelodeon79 10-15-2012 03:07 PM

I guess I consider them more of a "juniors" type style.
Posted via Mobile Device

toosexy4myspotz 10-15-2012 03:39 PM

i go threw so many jeans i gave up paying a hefty price for them . im 24 yo and i have to say me and walmart LEI jeans get a long great. lol
Posted via Mobile Device