The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My Palomino Rocky Mountain (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-palomino-rocky-mountain-140602/)

Cloudlover 10-15-2012 03:39 PM

My Palomino Rocky Mountain

1 Attachment(s)
His name is Cloud and he is 10 years old. I have had him for a little over 4 years now and he is my very first horse and I couldn't have asked for a better horse than him. His color is called Isabella White Palomino and his Breed is Rocky Mountain gelding. He is a lover and a fast learner...sometimes :-P Every time we go trail riding a lot of people cannot guess what breed he is.

csimkunas6 10-15-2012 03:57 PM

Wow! Very pretty!! Was fascinated with this breed growing up, was dead set on having on for quite some time too! :D

Cloudlover 10-15-2012 04:04 PM

Thank you! It is very hard keeping him that color though because he does love rolling in the mud lol :P They are a wonderful breed!

MyLittleHunter 10-15-2012 04:27 PM

He's a very handsome boy! I've always found the breed interesting, but I've never had the chance to meet one in person.

Cloudlover 10-15-2012 04:32 PM

Thanks! I am very happy with this breed and happy that it was my first. I honestly didn't know much about Rocky Mountain horses before I got him because I was new to the horse world. I didn't even know that his color is considered "rare". Most Rocky Mountains are Chocolate with a blond/light colored mane and tail which is exactly how is half brother looks lol

Lockwood 10-15-2012 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Cloudlover :wave:
You have a very nice looking boy! (And I don't envy you in the cleaning department!)
My current horse is a non-chocolate Rocky too and like yours he learns well..... when he wants to. :wink:
I think our boys are shaped very much like each other and like yours, not many people can figure out what he is.
Anyway, Hi to Cloud from Digby!

Cloudlover 10-15-2012 05:10 PM

Your horse is beautiful!! What is the name of his color? I am kinda new and still trying to learn all the different types of colors lol Yeah the cleaning department is no fun! I think he tries his best to look like his half brother :P They do look shaped like each other! I honestly have yet to see a Rocky Mountain horse that looks like yours!

Wild Heart 10-15-2012 07:19 PM

Wow, what a handsome boy he is!
Feel free to post more photos. :wink: I've just never seen a palomino Rocky before. :)

GoWithTheFlow 10-15-2012 07:22 PM

I LOVE YOUR HORSE!!!He is so adorable ! I just love this breed ! And his color ! ;)

Cloudlover 10-15-2012 07:36 PM

Zebra for Halloween

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of him as a zebra for Halloween last year :D he was a hit at the campgrounds! Now I just need to think of what to do this year for him lol