The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   7 Month Old AQHA Filly (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/7-month-old-aqha-filly-140662/)

TaraBearaIsBack 10-16-2012 01:50 PM

7 Month Old AQHA Filly

6 Attachment(s)
This is my new filly Mamba, whom I am going to go pick up on Friday. I won her through AQHA and I'm really liking her. I was just curious to see what you guys think about her! These pictures aren't aaaallllll recent I think I snuck in a couple 3 month old pictures!
If you were also you were also curious about her breeding she is out of KT Remington Gold and by City Smarts. She is on allbreedpedigree.com under her name KT Docs Mamba.

The ranch I'm getting her from is called KT Ranch in Connell, Washington. They have real nice horses!

Thanks!

tinyliny 10-16-2012 02:19 PM

Very "typey". She'll be a really nice horse. you "won" her? Me jealous!

DrumRunner 10-16-2012 02:24 PM

I really hate to give a conformation critique on such a young horse.. She won't stop growing until 5ish and she's going to change SOO much until that time..Many ugly and wonky stages then she'll even out with her more permanent build. A critique this young could be spot on or extremely wrong.

She's cute though, how'd you win her?

Kayella 10-16-2012 02:51 PM

She's 7 months old? My 5 month old looks older than her... The only thing I'd be worried about is how upright she is on her pasterns. It may be something she grows out of, or she may not. It's a waiting game hehehe.

GotaDunQH 10-16-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraBearaIsBack (Post 1720884)
This is my new filly Mamba, whom I am going to go pick up on Friday. I won her through AQHA and I'm really liking her. I was just curious to see what you guys think about her! These pictures aren't aaaallllll recent I think I snuck in a couple 3 month old pictures!
If you were also you were also curious about her breeding she is out of KT Remington Gold and by City Smarts. She is on allbreedpedigree.com under her name KT Docs Mamba.

The ranch I'm getting her from is called KT Ranch in Connell, Washington. They have real nice horses!

Thanks!

Based on her pedigree, she's make a nice reiner! She's bred for it.

Baroque 10-16-2012 03:04 PM

Well.. she is my favourite colour!!! :)

Congrats - she is a cutie. I am no confo expert, but she looks very well built.

TaraBearaIsBack 10-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayella (Post 1720972)
She's 7 months old? My 5 month old looks older than her... The only thing I'd be worried about is how upright she is on her pasterns. It may be something she grows out of, or she may not. It's a waiting game hehehe.

These pictures aren't too recent, I think the last one was in mid september and I put in a couple where she was 3 months or so! And she will be pretty tiny too; her mom is 14.3 and her daddy is 15 hands I believe!

TaraBearaIsBack 10-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotaDunQH (Post 1720982)
Based on her pedigree, she's make a nice reiner! She's bred for it.

Yes! I sure hope so! I plan on showing her reining and western pleasure and showmanship, and possibly reined cow horse and cutting as well! :)

TaraBearaIsBack 10-16-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumRunner (Post 1720941)
I really hate to give a conformation critique on such a young horse.. She won't stop growing until 5ish and she's going to change SOO much until that time..Many ugly and wonky stages then she'll even out with her more permanent build. A critique this young could be spot on or extremely wrong.

She's cute though, how'd you win her?

AQHA started a program this year called the Young Horse Development Project and this year they got some ranches to donate foals for the youth that were selected to participate! Its a yearlong program and at the end you have the chance to win scholarships and as long as you stay in the get to keep you get to keep your horse!

DrumRunner 10-16-2012 03:42 PM

That sounds like a fantastic program! A great way to get youth involved and learning those skills.. Very good idea. Congratulations!

I don't mean to be nosey, but just learn more about it.. What did you have to do to be selected and such?