The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My cousin's are getting miniatures! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-cousins-getting-miniatures-140780/)

Britt 10-17-2012 12:36 PM

My cousin's are getting miniatures!

I'm sooo jealous... and happy for them!

My cousins have three kids, two girls who are about 6 and 3 and a son who is about 1. When their oldest girl was younger, they bought her a pony, but she lost interest because the pony was wild and she couldn't play with her...

So now, now that their kids are older, my cousins are being given two miniature weanlings, six months old, to raise and play with! I don't know what they look like, but they are getting them in a few weeks, I think. after they build a fence and a small shed.

My cousin's mother wants to try and teach them how to pull a small cart when they are grown, but the mini's will mostly just be for the three kids to love on and play with. Pets, basically.

They're so excited, and so am I... though i'm also a little jealous because I've wanted a mini myself for over a year now... but oh well!

WSArabians 10-17-2012 01:32 PM

Mini's are adorable, but I would never own another one. LOL
Dont forget the pics!

Country Woman 10-17-2012 03:16 PM

My friend would love to work with Minis

Britt 10-17-2012 09:18 PM

I'll get pics when they get the mini/mini's... They took me to see them today... they're so small and cute!

Country Woman 10-17-2012 10:28 PM

would love to see them Britt

Britt 10-18-2012 10:20 AM

They're supposed to get them this weekend or next. When they took me to see them, I didn't have my camera with me :(

But my cousins told me that the man they are getting the from has over 200 at differerent locations, but he only breeds and sells them and doesn't work with them hardly at all... His mini's just know that when he whistles, it's time to be fed... They will come to the fence to see people, but you can't touch them... so my cousins have asked if I will help their oldest daughter (about 6) tame the one they get down and show her how to not be scared of it. Their oldest daughter is super excited...

WSArabians 10-18-2012 10:42 AM

Wow. That's....disturbing.

Country Woman 10-18-2012 06:07 PM

I would be worried too
those horses sound wild to me

Endiku 10-18-2012 08:26 PM

Over 200? See, this is why we have so many unhomed horses out there. Because of irresponsible breeders.

Glad to hear your cousins are getting minis though :) they're very fun if trained properly! I'd get them vet checked though, and watch them carefully. A breeder like that is likely to have low quality stock with conformational or health problems.

Cinder 10-18-2012 08:45 PM

Aw, minis are so cute =). Can't wait to see pictures!